Setting up an organic Farm in Tamilnadu, Chengalpattu district

Hi All, looking for getting in touch with experienced organic farmers / consultants to set up an organic farm (8.5 acre) in Tamilnadu, Chengalpattu district. I’m new to farming but very much interested in organic farming.

Regards
Rajeev

1 Like

Try to contact Esha foundation

Pls contact me Mr Rajeev
I SP Singh Agronomist and i have 20year exp in agriculture.

Dear Rajeev,
My name is Thangapandian, an Organic and Biodynamic Farmer. We run a school in Karur district to train young boys and girls in Organic and Biodynamic Agriculture.
Please write back or speak to me. I can share my experiences and probably guide you in setting up an Organic farm.
Regards
Thangapandian
Tel: +91-9626008160
Email: farmindia@gmail.com

Could you elaborate on biodynamic farming? Thanks

Hello iam consultant how can I help u

Welcome to the Organic farming family! I am kasinathan, from Chengalpattu dt. I am following natural farming techniques for my 11 acres farm. I am not a consultant, but I can share my experience about natural farming techniques. What kind of plants are you thinking of? What is your Soil&water type? Is it close to coastal area? Please share your mobile no and we can discuss, Thanks, Kasinathan, 9840960299

Rajiv

Pl get in contact with me. 9840035099

I can guide you

P N Subramanian

Best of luck sir
Raju
Permacultureist

Dear Sir,

Very good morning to you. Sir i will call you later in the day kindly confirm your convenient time to call you and discuss further.

Regards
Rajeev Nair

4 pm is okay. Thanks

Dear pls to contact me for agriculture program and farm devlopment.

Pls contact me for your program

Dear Rajeev,
Vanakkam. You can call me anytime in the afternoon / evening. If I miss your call, I will call back. All the best.
Thangapandian
Tel: +91-9626008160

Pl call on 20th aft 5 PM

You need to provide more details about what you have in mind. Are you planning to go with Tree Based Farming (Perennial) or Vegetables, Cereals, Grains etc(Annual) or a combination of both?

1.What is the water source?
2.Fencing is available or not?
3.Electricity is available or not? etc

The more details you provide will help others to help you.

Hi,
My Plan is to do Vegetables (Continuous) , Cereals, Grains etc(Annual) and some fruit trees for my own purpose.

1. Water source - Open well with 5 HP agri service ( Drip line / Rain hose installed across the land)
  2. Fully Fenced Land.
  3. Electricity available (Agri service + Domestic service)

Regards
Rajeev Nair

Good that you have Fencing + EB readily available.

Since you are in Chengalpattu, if you grow vegetables, you can easily sell the vegetables directly to the consumer.

8.5 acres is a big patch of land.

Even with 1 acre of vegetables land, you will get lot of vegetables. So decide on how much land is going to be used for each.

Keep the discussion going.

From the gigantic galaxies in the space to a tiny sand particle on the sea beach all are different .
Each and every leaf of same plants to every finger prints of ever single human being are different …
There is only one thing in the law of universe is Diversity .
Every seen and unseen components of Nature prefers to follow the same law “Diversity”
Agriculture being part of Nature and utilization of natural resource to produce food also prefers to follow the same common mathematical law - Diversity !
One size fits all in Agriculture is non-existing !
One size fits all concept introduced in 60’s was Green Revolution , feed the hi-yield , hybrid , F-! , F-2 , GMO crops with external inputs ( Synthetic Fertilizer / Toxic Pesticide ,weedicides etc. ) and reap money .
The final result is just before your eyes ,
we lost the climate resilient crops , indigenous crops , and also changed our simple food habits and welcomed urban disease with micro nutrient deficient daily foods .
The truth though, is that farmers in India are as diverse as the country itself.
So are the challenges they face, depending on where they are located, what they grow, what they eat and what the kind of farming they do, and so on.
Which, obviously, means that there can be no one-size-fits-all approach to address these challenges? And that’s where our farmers, especially rainfed farmers are failing .
Just practice Sustainable Agriculture – the basic soil science is all about feeding the soil with natural leftover biomass not the crop ; low or no tillage of fields, leaving crop cover in place after harvest, and rotating crops
Every agriculture practice should based on following points in mind –
Climate-smart properties,
Reduced greenhouse gas emissions,
Reduced external fertilizer and pesticide use ,
Improved resilience of yields to rainfall shocks
Conserve local plant / crops / legume species as per local food habits .