Selection of borewell motor capacity in HP8

Sir…

We recently drilled a borewell and got 2 to 2.5 inch water at 230 feet depth and borewell total depth is 380 feet with casing length of 183 feet and
Casing is 7 inch dia of casing pipe

Sir…

1. Can i put 5 HP, 3ph V6 submersible borewell pump motor OR 3Hp, 3ph, V6 submersible pump… which to select

2. At what depth we hv to put motor-pump

3. How many stage pump needed for good water

4. Our is 4 acare Areca nut- coconut form with drip irrigation ( yet to plant/ start planting) - is this water sufficient ? - our land is in Malenadu ( water needed from December to May )

Please Guide me Sir…

Hey according to my opinion as ur yield is 2.5 inch which means 1.36 LPS, hence u should use 2 HP pumpset assuming total head of 60 mtr. And it should be installed at 140 to 150 ft, taking static water level at 20 ft. Basing upon the head assumed that is 60 mtr 6 stages of each having 20 ft range will be suitable. If purpose is for irrigation then head can b minimised subject to the distance between ur land and location of BW

1 Like

Dear Biplab Kumar sir,
We welcome you to our Farmnest Forum and Nice of you for your servicing Nature.
g.p.rao, farmer

Sir…

We recently drilled a borewell and got 2 to 2.5 inch water at 230 feet depth and borewell total depth is 380 feet with casing length of 183 feet and
Casing is 7 inch dia of casing pipe

Sir…

1. Can i put 5 HP, 3ph V6 submersible borewell pump motor OR 3Hp, 3ph, V6 submersible pump… which to select
    [PADMANABHAN GANESAN] - 3Hp, 3ph, V6 submersible pump is the right option if you feel that the water table will not drop further and you can augument the water table with other options. Otherwise, if you think you will dig the borewell further more in the future, you want to be on the safer side go for 5 HP, 3ph V6 subermislbe borewell is preferred. 5HP can be used until 1000 ft
  2. At what depth we hv to put motor-pump
    [PADMANABHAN GANESAN] - Preferred 100 ft gap from the motor pump to the bottom ofthe borewell. If this is not possible, atleast 50-60 ft gap is required. Otherwise, sand particles will get into the motor and frequent maintenance will be required.
  3. How many stage pump needed for good water
    **[PADMANABHAN GANESAN] - Each stage is 20 ft capacity of pumping water. Since you hit the water patch at 230 ft, minimum of 230/20 = 12 stages and if you want to the place the motor pump at say 380-100 = 280, then it is 280/20 = 14 stages and you need to consider the other aspects like how much you want to push the water above the ground. That calculation may be added.
  4. Our is 4 acare Areca nut- coconut form with drip irrigation ( yet to plant/ start planting) - is this water sufficient ? - our land is in Malenadu ( water needed from December to May )**
    **[PADMANABHAN GANESAN] - 1.How many months you will not require water during the rainy season? **
    2. What is the water requirement of each of these plants minus the rainy season? Calculate the Per day water requirement for Areca nut and Coconut.
    3. How many plants of Areca & Coconut?
    4. You already said you have 2-2.5 inches of water. Do a reverse calculation and you will know the answers yourselves.

You can augument the water resources by trenches and swales and mulching etc. Worst case scenario can be to allocate 10% of your land to ponds.

Best of LUCK!!!

Please Guide me Sir…

Thanks Sir… for providing sufficient good knowledge… I will do accordingly… thanks…