Seeking advice to start an agri based business!

Hi All ,
I’m dinesh from Erode (Tamil Nadu) . We have coconut palms in around 7 acres . I would like to

start a business related to agriculture but not able to find the right one . Since we are producing

coconut , is there any business to start by using coconut with less investment(2 - 3 lakhs) . Please

provide your valuable advice .

Disesh,
Will you dedicate 100% of your time or part time?
Why can’t you try with retail shop of agri produce along with processed food items together?
If you have plenty of coconut leafs, then start making of coconut broom stick & other allied activities depending on agriculture produce.

Dear Swamy ,

Thank you so much for your quick reply . I would like to do it as a full time business. 

I want to produce value added products from coconut with low investment in the beginning .

After getting some experience , I want to expand the business and also open a retail shop .

Please advice me to find the right value added products .

You cannot survive single value added product only from Coconut.
If you open retail shop, coconut can be sold as tender coconut, copra, matured coconut along with other business.

Hi,

;D ;D ;D How about Coconut Toddy ;D ;D ;D You can export it to Kerala, there is a huge demand there.

Regards

Murali

why dont you investigate the possibility of producing soil less media using coconut waste, there seems to be good demand for this e.g. google coir grow bags, media etc