Rose & Marigold varieties for a Horticulture farm

Hi All,

I had couple of queries :
1.Where can I get rose saplings(in Bangalore) that grow under the partial shade of other bigger Horticulture plants(not in shade nets).
I know that gladiator is one like that. Which are the other rose varieties & are lees prone to diseases & insects. This is for a farm near Kurugodu, bellary (dist)

1. Which are the most commercially popular Marigold varieties.Where can I get the seeds for this. These again I need for both partial shade & no shade conditions in horticulture farm.

Thanks a lot,
Seshu

Rose grafts available in Bangalore nurseries.
Marigold - Namdhari Seeds - Inca gold variety is very good. Both Yellow and Orange colours available. East West seeds can also be tried.
Thanks,
A. Jeyapandi.

Thanks Jeyapandi

Welcome. Marigold is a highly promising crop especially if harvest coincides between Sep - Dec. Please go ahead.
A. Jeyapandi.

Hi Jeyapandi,

Recently I have bought 5 acres of DRY land for Rose cultivation and I am planning for Drip Irrigation for water facilities to the Rose plants. Please guide me for the varieties of the Rose to be cultivated (assume it’s kind of Bangalore weather), maintenance and marketing of the grown rose flowers.

Regards
Sreeny

May I confirm that your query is relating to open field cultivation?. Well, for open field cultivation, Edward Rose and Andhra Red are very good. Drip Irrigation with fertigation shall give better results.
Thankyou.
A. Jeyapandi.

Hi Jeyapandi,
Yes, open cultivation. Thanks for quick reply.

Any contacts in Bangalore to start Rose cultivation.

Regards
Sreeny