Revive old bore-well

I purchased land recently which has an old bore-well with just casing. It was unused since 10 years. If I drop a stone we can hear water splash sound.

Is there any way to verify if this is going to be good before spending money for scanning or cleaning etc. Neighboring lands with recent bore-wells are getting water.

Tie a stone to gunny thread length y one which will long enough to touch the bottom of the well and leave the stone in to the well and hold the thread in your hand till the stone touches the bottom and no more thread is going down. Then pull the thread and you can even check the deapth of the water in your well by observing the length of the wet thread.

2 Likes

Incert bore well motor pump in the bore well , then you can know water yield of bore well

2 Likes

Trial motors available to test the water yield before spending money on installing motor etc.

2 Likes

Engage a bore well drilling fellow, and clean the well with soap and flush the water with pressure. I have done like this in my housing society bore well in 2013, still it is givingwater. Dr PV Krishna Rao retd scientist worked in watershed management program of dept. Of land resources govt of India. It costs hardly flushing charges by bore well owner.and a kg cheap soap powder.
The logic is that the clogged pores gets open and release water into well.
All the success. Inform me the progress and result in order to help other farmers
Okay bye

2 Likes

you can have some test pump and try to extract water. Also nowadays there are some borewell scanning done through camera. you can engage them to see the real situation of the borewell.

1 Like

Lots of good ideas.
Just to add, any borewell accumulates water over time, so you will actually need to pump out for long periods to determine if it can truly supply water consistently.

Check with local Motor vendors for trial motors, they will help with one on chargeable basis