Request-Organic/Natural Agri /Horti Experts, Senior Natural/Organic farmers,

Respected all Organic/Natural Farming Crop experts,Senior knowledgeble Farmers, With due appologies to all of you, i want to put a request. Our country is a Karma Bhumi, and so many great persons invented so many,enlightened us/left so much knowledge to us in Organic/Natural Farming,both Agriculture and Horticulture. Here I want to inform you ,a known fact, that sri. Chandra, Administrator and Sri. Sri, a Global Moderator are giving an opportunity to express/inform the known things to our Farming community at free of cost with this great forum, and we appreciate them and wish them,means us, all success. But so many techniques are un informed by our ancients, because of so many unknown reasons. I think ,In these, agriculture,horticulture also is there.Father or guardian used to inform/teach to their sons,sishyas,likely persons or ifnot available,the technology is shadowed. Here I request all experts,seniors to inform the farming community about the techniques to follow to get good crops in india in Organic/Natural farming. No doubt there is necessity to keep trade secrets but not very much required. For example;= Bourdo mixture. It is known to most of the farmers especially organic and natural farmers, and they manufacture for their own use, but only 5 to 10% of farmers… Even then Bourdo mixture, with diffarent names, it is traded successfully traded and purchased by us. Likewise,Neem Oil/Cake, We know how to make it and use it but very few,negligible farmers only manufacturing it for their own use and rest 90% are purchasing from markets with diffarent brands. Here I appreciate some experts/Sr. Farmers who are informing so much knowledge for this forum members. Hence I put a humble request, personally and and on behalf of Our forum, to the Organic/Natural farming Experts and Senior expert farmers to help our farming community by informing the farming practices,about pests and diseases and their remedies with bio-pesticides, and regarding Bio-Fertilisers mfg,usage etc by way of writing in the forum regularly,and volountarily. Here I am putting a request to the Administrator and Global Moderator also. Pl forgive me if any wrong in my statement with good heart. g.p.rao, Farmer

Dear G P Rao sir, fully agree it would be great if everyone shares their techniques. Thank you for your own sharing on different topics.

Regards,
Chandra

We can follow subhash palekar’s simple methods, ushabn.wordpress.com/2010/09/16/ … he-answer/

+1
The challenge is to do all the steps,beejamrutha, jivamrutha, mulching, wapasa, many intercrops(biodiversity). It takes time and patience. But worth doing it. We see Bannur Krisnappa’s farm(horticulture part) is grown since many years.
There would have been some many people around hime who could have told him not to follow Palekar’s methods when he was trying to plant so many trees. But he just followed Palekar.

Dear Organic/Natural farming experts and senior farmers, I once again request you on behalf of all our farming community, pl help us by giving alternatives for in-organic pesticides. Like we all know that we will be advised to spray acephate,confidor etc for say to contol thrips. I request you to mention suitable organic/bio pesticide for the same problem, like controlling thrips with organic/bio pesticide,so that many of our Organic/Natural farmers will be followed and benefited. Like this,say Root grubs,which will be 1 or 2 inches long,white in colour which eats the fresh roots of Rose plants,gerbera plants and capsicum plants( only examples ), which will be controlled by in-organic pesticides,like applying Thimmet,Forate,Chloriphyriphos drenching and inform equalent in Organic/Bio-epsticides. Like wise there are so many other pests attacking to our crops and need remedy for it with organic/bio pesticides, and i request you to show alternatives ,so that many of our farmers will be benefited. I humbly request you to start and so many others will follow. Pl rectify if any others are stating by mistake or unknowingly. There are so many experts are there in Organic/Natural farming ,not one or two and i request them to come forward, with good suggestions. g.p.rao, farmer.

Nomurea Relie: A fungii based bio pesticide. 75/Kg. 1/2 Kg is needed per acre.
This is the ONLY RECYCLABLE bio pesticide. Can be re-used by collected the carcass of the pest and drying, powedering and can be re-used.
Following are the pets those can be controlled.
Stem boreres, Pod boreres like: Helicoverpa armigera,spodoptera litura
Sucker pests:thysanoplusia orichalcea,
Chopper pests :agrotis ipsilon
Rice ear-cutting caterpillar :mythimna separata
Spotted Stalk Borer; Pink Borer:chilo partellus

This is human friendly bio pesticide. These fungu is harmless for humans.

Developed by UAS Dharwad. sold at organic section.

Dosage 20Gm/15 Litre.The dosage is only once for a crop, or as long the friendly fungii is exists.
Azadiratina oil also can be mixed.

Best time to spray is early morning or during cloudy days anytime of the day is good.

Dear Sri Sir, Very good and useful new information.I will put to use on requirement. g.p.rao, farmer

Dear Mr. Sri.,

from where we can get the product, give the details. with phone number.

Thank you
good luck

Organic section
University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad
DHARWAD - 580 005
Karnataka State, India
Phone : 0091-836-2747958

so much of information is available on natural/organic farming. there are infinite experts who give infinite advices, in many cases even without asking.
but the problem is none of them work on the field. the parameters are infinite on the field. they change every moment in the same field.
no advice of the experts work in the field.
this is the problem.
this is the reason for total failure of organic farming on large scale. even it is n ot feaasible on small scale.

Your point may be true or not, but in this thread we are discussing natural or organic ways of pest control or related topics. You are free to express your opinion but you will have to create your own thread.

Besides nobody is providing consultancy on natural farming, nobody is selling their product. Just think who is benifitting by promoting natural farming?

Sri.G.P.Rao is trying to bring out natural solutions so that it will be usefull for mankind.
AGAIN, YOU DONT HAVE TO REPLY YOUR OPINION HERE. PLEASE HAVE ANOTHER THREAD FOR YOUR OPINIONS.

Dear Sri Sir, Thank you very much, Here pl permit me to express my feelings only, through you, as I am a well wisher for farming community, because I should not express my feelings to them directly. I am only a farmer with limited knowledge in Organic and Natural farming along with In-organic farming. I appreciate any one who helps our farming community. Pl inform them that I am not advertising any thing and not encouraging any ones expertiseness, and I am not traders for any agri/horti produce. My intension is only to share my knowledge to our farming community, to possible extent. From past 29 years, I am in farming and engaged in agri/Horti and allied projects. My intension is only to spread that Horticulture,agriculture and allied, are profitable and farmers ,only should go with confidence and mostly the presence of the farmer is very much required in his farm. I beleive that experience matters and gives confidence for guiding. As a farmer, I do not know the Exact names of the disceases, insects,fungas,bacteria etc but as a farmer I know the in and outs of them, their behaviours,how to control to some extent ,and also I know to find out from concerned experts, how to get rid of that problem. I know the poorness of the farming community. We born in this great community for which I always express my thankfulness to the mighty creator. I will not mind for the dialogues spread by the Industrialists,who manufacture Pest control chemicals,Fertilisers and / or their officials, agents/brokers, and who wants to propagate their products, because they are poor in thinking for their benefits only. I am not against to them who manufacture organic pesticides ( we never ask them to reveal their mfg process )and selling to our farming community, but I am against for their price, which is 100 fold,ie; by investing few rupees for manufacturing it and charging abnormally. It is a fact that any Research work/establishing industry can be done by only rich community, and that rich community is not much interested in Natural Farming and low profile organic farming. Hence much development work is not done on agri/horti . Few are coming forward for helping the farming community, in recent years and we should welcome them. For example,Neemseed . If it is properly used by farmers,most of the Sucking pests can be ruled out . Here my question is, In the so called highly qualified Agri/Horti experts ,qualified,Authorities in the subject , how many are helping the farming community. Pl think. Here I want to tell all my farmer friends that it became a fashion to say that " all are net farmers, no one got field experience, they do not know the names and spellings. ". These will not do any help to the farming community. Here I want to tell you all about one more Agricultural site calling farmers as members and traders/agents/brokers as PREMIUM MEMBERS, just because they are paying money to the site. This is one reason, why we feel this site as our site. Today the society is partially becoming too selfish, by trying to control free expression also. I once again humbly request the Experts,Authorities on Agri/Horti/Allied ,to help the farming community to develop by informing good/lesser cost methods to follow to do good farming and by using Bio-pesticides and bio-fertilisers , which are commonly available in the nature. Pl do research and develop techniques to allow the farmers in going by Natural/Organic way of farming.

These are only my feelings,not any arguments and let us help us/our farming community to the extent possible. g.p.rao, farmer

DEAR KESHAVAPURI,

ONE OF THE MAJOR PESTS OF CARDAMOM IS ROOT GRUBS, ECONOMICAL LOSE BY THIS PEST IS SO SEVERE. PHORATE/ FURADAN IS BANNED IN KERALA.
THERE IS NO ALTERNATE SYSTEM TO CONTROL NEMATODE/ ROOT GRUBS/ ROOT MEALY BUGS.AREA UNDER CULTIVATION 43500Ha(CARDAMOM)
MORE THAN 25% OF CARDAMOM FARMERS ARE USING THE TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPED BY BIOFARMS (BYE BYE PHORATE / FURADAN SAVE MANKIND)

AVERAGE PRODUCTION / ACRE WAS 400 - 450 KG - 750 - 1000 KG/ ACRE

ALSO FARMERS OF G-9 BANANA ( CUMBUM ,TAMILNADU )- MORE THAN 400
ACRES. AVERAGE PRODUCTION /BUNCH 30- 35 KG - 50 - 60 KG/ BUNCH

WITH OUR TECHNOLOGIES RE ESTABLISHED EARTH WORMS.

SO NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE POSTINGS OF TECHNICAL PEOPLE

WHO ARE ACTIVELY IN COMMERCIAL FARMING DIFFERENT STATES/

COUNTRIES AND NOT RESTRICT WITH FARMNEST.

CRITICISM IS GOOD BUT NEVER THINK THAT MYSELF IS THE AUTHORITY

IN ORGANIC/ NATURAL / COMMERCIAL FARMING ,

OTHERS WILL NOT REACT , BIOFARMS WILL STONGLY OBJECT, BECAUSE
WE THREE MEMBERS ALWAYS INTERACTING WITH THE FARMERS 24 HOURS
BY PHONE/ SMS/ EMAIL ETC… WITHOUT CHARGING CONSULTING FEES

THANK YOU
BIOFARMS

Dear Sri. G P Rao garu and Sri. Suresh-biofarms,

Thank you for your contributions. I think we should just do what we believe is correct, especially if it is helpful to someone. There are bound to be people who will be cynical, but end of the day what matters is how much value one adds to the community.

So please continue with your good work.

Thanks,
Chandra

nice to hear that expert people are always ready to lend helping hands for newbies like me entering agri.i sincerely wish to appreciate biofarms.in this readymades world people like instant solutions.there lies the problem.

Dear Sir, Im fully agree it would be great if everyone shares their techniques. Thanks for sharing this informative content.