Red colouration in Melia Dubia trees

Recently, noticed a red colour on some of the bigger trees. One side of the stem is red while the other side is green/brown. Any ideas what could be the reason for it?

Hi,

Sorry I don’t have a solution, and maybe I am deviating a little bit, but are you convinced about the economics of Melia Dubia? Do you have buyers? Or is this another scheme like the ‘Mangium Plantations’ of 90’s ? If you have the details that convinced you, can you forward those to me please?

Thanks,
AK

Hi saverafarms,

Did you find a solution to this?

I showed it to the scientists at IFGTB Coimbatore. Looks like it was due to heat stress. There was no remedy for it. Just gave the trees more water.

[quote=saverafarms]
Recently, noticed a red colour on some of the bigger trees. One side of the stem is red while the other side is green/brown. Any ideas what could be the reason for it?

[/quote] Hi?
Which side (Direction)was red and what is the status now?

The marks were on west side…The colour has changed to whitish/cresmish…

@Saverafarms,

Can the forum know about the progress of your melia dubia? I guess they are around 6 years.
How is the growth & how have you planned for the harvest i.e., did you find prospective buyers and if yes, what are the terms of price?

Please share your experience.

Thanks & Regards

Guru