Rain gun irrigation

Dear Mr. Chandra,
I too presume that levelling is not required for rain gun irrigation. Will any one of the members confirm this presumption please.
C. Siva Sankara Reddy

Why would one need leveling. Rain gun is nothing but a large sprinkler. I have seen it in action at Krishi Mela. One attached to a tractor.

It just works like fire fighting hose. Enormous amounts of water under high pressure is sprayed into the sky having rain like effect. And some mechanisms to disrupt the flow at the nozzle, so it gets scattered.

Rgds

Murali

Dear Mr. Murali,
Thanks a lot for the input.
Regds,
Siva Sankara Reddy

Dear Experts,

I have querry about raingun , My land is in maharashtra state black soil -

1. Wheather Raingun is applicable for citrus trees having height around 15 F and space between trees 18 x 18 f.
    2)What about force of water at flowering stages, wheather flowers will drop by the pressure of water?
    3)Advantages over drip for the same.

Hi?
Providing water through Rain gun spread water every part of the orchard to ensure coolness in the orchard along with micro climate to grow different variety spices for biodiversity. This is ultimate advantages to have any multicolor if required.
One can easily control the force of water delivery as per their requirement of the crops including space mentioned by you.
All the best.

Land leveling is not required for rain gun irrigation. One has to ensure the pressure level of pumped water to be 2 inch per square metre, minimum. This is accomplished by 5HP pump. Best suitable for sugarcane, groundnut, carrot type of cultivation.
R Vasudevan

Dear Mr. Vasudevan thanks for the response. A small clarification. Can a 5HP pump work for a 250 feet depth bore well with rain gun.
C. Siva Sankara Reddy

Reddygaru
one small correction, you please read 2 inch as 2 kg in my previous relpy. 5HP pump delivering water from 250 feet can not meet the stipulated pressure requirement and hence you may have to go for 7HP. In my farm, we have open well (80 feet), 5HP pump is just sufficient.
RV

Thanks a lot for prompt response.
Siva Sankara Reddy

Dear Mr. Vasudevan Just a small clarification. Like the application of fertilisers and chemicals can we take up application of gobar gas slurry with the help of rain gun. If so with what efficiency.

Yes, it is possible. But, the slurry may deposit /spread on the green leaves of the plants, which may not be OK for the photosynthesis point of view. This is my view. If the slurry is in diluted form we can go ahead.
RV

Dear Vasudevan,

Thanks for your posting.
This the first time I heard about the Rain Gun. Please let me know the possibility of using rain gun for cultivation of Co3 grass.
I collect the urine and waste water in to a tank and using a slurry pump to irrigate to the grass field. Is it advisable to use rain gun on this system?

Please provide the positives and negatives and also confirm the availability of this system in Kerala and their address.

VPC

Thank you.

The slurry is diluted with almost 90% of water. If possible please attach some photos of your rain gun irrigation system. So that I can grasp some idea instead of imagination.
Also provide address and contact number of the supplier in Kerala or in other state.

VPC

1. Rain gun angle must be steep. Make it like artificial Natural rain. Otherwise grass(only taller grass) will bend because of water force.
  2. Grass must be washed before feeding to cattle otherwise they may not be interested because of urine and dung smell on it.
  3. If you are pumping from a biodigester (Jeevasara Unit) provide a seeve otherwise nozzle gets clogged with fibre particles frequently.

Check thumbaagrotech.com/

Hi Vasudevan,

Raingun irrigation is fantastic, Can you please provide the phone number or address to buy the Rain gun for 5 Acre land.

Planning to cultivate vegitables in 5 acres, which type and size rain gun is suitable, we have 2 submersible pumps. Can you please suggest the size and capacity rain gun is good.

thanks,

Friends
I am reproducing the address and other details about the rain gun procurement below as given by the supplier. This one year old correspondence.

Greetings from Servals.

Thanks for your interest in our Varsha Rain Gun

Our detailed offer with technical details is as follows.

The Product can be supplied from our Factory at Chennai. Regarding portability, as you notice the Rain Gun has a flanged base (2" dia.), So you can unbolt the nuts and carry the gun (which is aluminum construction & 7 Kgs. Weight) and transfer to other points. You can draw out raisers in various places and fix them. The layout of the spreading of the pipe line will depend on the dimensions of the area. You can even connect to hose.

Minimum requirement is 5 HP. This even depends on the Kg/Sq. cm (KSC) the pump generates. Our standard minimum requirement is 2 KSC pressure. No motor/pump less than 5 HP will generate 2 KSC Pressure. So, our requirement is >5H.P upto 20 H.P. Better result can be obtained at KSC more than 2.75.

We enclose the following details for your reference and we look forward to your feed back and Valuable orders.

LEAFLET giving details of the Technical details of the output from Various Nozzles provided by us as standard equipment. 12mm, 16mm, 20mm nozzles.
Detailed write up of Varsha Rain gun with photo.

Please note the price of our Varsha Rain gun:

We provide two arrangements for our rain gun:

1. Varsha Rain gun with lock: Rs.5,300/- + Vat Tax 12.5% + P&F at actuals

2. Varsha Rain Gun with out Lock Rs.4,500/- + VatTax 12.5% + P&F at actuals.

F.O.R Chennai.

Payment Terms : DD IN FAVOUR OF " SERVALS AUTOMATION PVT.LTD" PAYABLE AT CHENNAI.
Please give us your complete details of address and in whose name we will have to prepare the invoice.

We give our Bank account details if you deposit in our account.

We will look forward to your Email and valuable orders.

At preasent there is no subsidy available, If you having any further clarifications please call 9840356578 (P. Mukundan) / 9600058484.(Vijayaganapathi).

with regards.
for Servals Automation Pvt.Ltd.

N.Vijayaganapathi
096000 85454

Many Thanks Vasudevan,

Can you share the design of the stand you are using to hold the rain gun.

Thanks,

Hi Vasudevan,

Do you know if raingun works when the bore pumps intermittently? Did you get into that situation ever?

Chandra

Hi guys…
Can we use rain gun for banana plantation and vegetables lik brinjal etc

Dear Mr Chandra
As I was out of station I did not answer you question. I have two open wells with submersible pumps. No problem with that. If the bore pump is capable of discharging at least 2kg per square cm, the rain gun can work.