Pure indian breed cows

where to get pure indian breed cows which yield an average of 20 litre of milk per day.what will be cost of this kind of cows

Regards 

:slight_smile:
Deepak

deepakmenon82@gmail.com

Dear Deepak

Are you running a cow farm or plan to start a farm.

Rgds

hi frineds,

i also have the same prob please any body give the information abour dairy cows and its yeild please

we now newly starting a farm

\please any body no this information send to me

There is some good information on this thread:
farmnest.com/forum/animal-farmin … in-kerala/

Try Sindhi cows from Gujarat. They are high yielding among Indian breeds.

Do look at the ‘Gir’ breed from Gujarath. They are high milkers requiring good feeding, yield upto 30 litres per day under ideal conditions. They need warm and humid conditions and may perform only upto 60% of their potential under cold/rainy climates.

Cost of each cow will be around 25000-45000 as per productivity

For getting pure breed of GIR cows please visit  cattlebreeding@bhuvaneshwaripith.com.

Dear farmers

Can take construction contracts of Poultry / Goat / Sheep Shed also but only in A.P and if any one is seriously interested please contact me at below email address or you can contact my Father in Law directly, Mr Asad at 09391012836

We,KHURANA DAIRY FARM,BREEDERS AND SUPPLIERS OF MURRAH BUFFALOES,INDIGENOUS COWS PARTICULARLY
SAHIWAL AND THARPARKAR AND CROSS BREED COWS.SAHIWAL IS ONE OF THE BEST INDIAN BREEDS.WE CAN GET SAHIWAL COWS WITH MILK YIELD OF 10 TO 16 LTRS OF YIELD PER DAY SOME SAHIWAL COWS ARE EVEN GIVING MILK OVER 20 LTRS PER DAY.THESE INDIAN BREEDS ARE DESEASE RESISTENT AND CAN WITHSTAND HARSH CLIMATIC CONDITIONS.YOU MAY CONTACT[color=red][shadow=red,left] KHURANA DAIRY FARM,BHIWANI- HISSAR, LINK ROAD,ROHTAK(HARYANA[/shadow][/color]),E MAIL deepakkhurana24@rediffmail.com or AT 09215640054.

Pure Indian Cows of Gir and Sahiwal breeds will be able to give milk up to 20 ltrs.Availibility of this yield cows is very limited and difficult and we can say these are rare.We are making an effort in improving herd of Sahiwal cows and soon we will have Sahiwal cow herd with more than 20 ltrs yield,rihgt now it is between 15 and 20.Next generation two to three years from now will have better yield.
KHURANA DAIRY FARM
ROHTAK.

Hi,
Where can i buy GIR cows or calves in Ratnagiri or maharashtra.
Thanks  in advance.
Rafiq Yusuf.

High milching cows are available near Krishnagiri, Dharmarui and surrounding areas.
Vasudevan R

Dear Mr.

plse note for Gir / sindhi cows  plse contact  NDDB,Anand, Mehsana Dairy, Anand Agri. University, Vet. College they will assist you.

Good Beeds you can get from Mehsana , Amreli  -Dhari, Buffaloes- Kuchi

They are highly adapted to drought condition,

If you need more details i will assist you.

Thank you
Good Luck

Hi,
  we sell indegenious & cross breed cows , anyone interested to buy can contact me on +91-900-898-0033 sanjay, also can mail to san_raagav@yhoo.in

cowherd: does gir give 30 ltr per day? is it her peak production or average? I am given to believe that total yield for gir is around 1600 lts / 300 days on a commercial dairy environment

brijesh

Hi?
Discussion is stopped for while, can any one come back with latest  news in this topic please?

Information buying of gir cows:
farmnest.com/forum/animal-farmin … 8/#msg9978

I repeat the information here:
********************************************************************************88
Hi
I planned to start a dairy with desi cows and identified Sahiwal and/or gir.
As these breed costed much in Tamilnadu, I planned to go to the cows native and bring them.
Actually I went to Junagadh, Gujarat and bought pure Gir breeds with the help of a local person (actually village headman kind of) and brought them to my place.

Now the cows are getting acquainted to the enviroment and people in my farm.
I am posting the following information as I struggled to get contact in Gir area and found after struggled effort.
Please contact the following person (in person or over phone) to get pure breed gir cows.
Ahir Ghorasa,
Vanthli Taluk,
Lushala post,
Junagadh District,
Gujarat, 362215
Phone number: +91 99132 73487

PS: I suggest any buyer using this information to exercise caution on deciding quality and price of the cows and I am just providing this information as an aid for potential GIR cows buyers.

regards
Vichu

How did you transport?
How many days did it took for you from Gujarat to Tamilnadu?
Did you select animals in dry period?(otherwise milking would be difficult during transport)
What is the price of animal and milk yeild claimed by seller?

Anyway appreicate the goodwork. Please keep updating on milk yeild etc. First year there will be little irritaions(untill the animals acepts new food and climate). Have courage.

Sri

I transported using 3 trucks. It took 5 days for me to transport with 3 long rests 3 short rests for cows and max speed for truck was 50kmph and mostly 40kmph.
Dry period: It was mixed. Most of them were 6 to 8 months pregnant.2 were milking and we did milk them on the way but with much difficulty.
Price of the pure breed is from 40k to 50k. Milk yield claimed by seller is 8 to 9 liters per time.
Price of mixed breeds (gir+kangrej) was from 20 to 30K. Milk yield claimed by seller is  4 to 5 liters per time.

Thank you very much for your wishes.

regards
Vichu