Problem in Watermelon Crop...Please help

Hi,

We have sowed Watermelon 25 days back. 10 days back the problem started for leaves. The leaves have wrinkles and for small leaves we have observed the dryness in edges. And the back side of leaves we see whiteness.

First we thought it is because of Mosquito and we have sprayed Rogger. But there is no use. But now we are worried this might be related to a pest disease.

Can somebody help me what to spray and how to deal with this issue?

Regards,
Vijay

I suspect this could be aphids, pciture could have been easy. anyway

If so spray or dust Melathion or nicotine sulphate is also available.

organic way:
Ingredients: Tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum), Aloe(Aloe Vera), Buttermilk
Method of preparation :
Take 1 kg tobacco snuff (Nicotiana tabacum) and 2 kg. Aloe (Aloe Vera) Wash both plants properly and chop it finely and boil with 6 litre water at moderate and constant heat till it remains half. Mix 4 liter supernatant of buttermilk.
Direction of Use :
Spray 150 ml. of this formulation per pump. About 6-8 pumps per acre are required to control the infestation. Spray after 10-12 days if infestation is still there. For best result, use this formulation within 6 months of preparation.

Hi,

Thank you for your kind reply…

Are aphids are visible? Because my people do not see any insects or pests. Some regular cultivators observed and said this is VIRUS.

Picture could be very helpful but unfortunately i am not there. I will try my best to get it.

Regards,
Vijay

Ok. Did you grow two or three crops of watermelon in same field? Does it look like shown in picture below?

Then it is wilt. The wilt is also spread thru sucking pests.

There is no cure for this,you must adopt crop rotation. Use bleaching powder etc on the plant basin. These are prevention methods, not cure.

Choose the plants affected and burn it away from the field.

Hi,

Looks like this is similar as shown in picture. And the curl is upwards.

I took a decision to destroy the crop.

And this is the first time we are doing this crop. And i don’t know the reason for this failure. Because we 3 people started and all 3 people got this virus. And we all used seeds from same place. Which are 1000 rs per kg.

Is Seed issue here?? Are there any seeds available which can sustain this kind of viruses.

Because i am planning this time in December in another place.

Thanks,
Vijay

Your Crop is affected from Bactrial wilt. So you must spray Imidacloprid 18.5 SL + (metalxy+Mancozeb)+Sulfur 80 % WG + Planomycine

Doses : Imidacloprid 1ML / 4 Liter of water
Metalaxy+ Mancozeb = 2 ML/ Liter
Sulfur = 2 ML/ Liter
Plantomycine = 1 Gm / Liter
and you can spray hormone like Planofix.

Hi,

Will it fixes the issue? or We are already decided to destroy the crop. Do we still have hope on it after above Spray?

Thanks,
Regards,
Vijay

you please apply ‘PERFECT’ AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET SPRAY 7ML IN 10LITRES OF WATER AFTER 7DAYS INTERVAL 2 SPRAYS IT.S VIRAL DISEASE.BE FAST TO SPRAY.

for control of bacterial wilt diseases you mix 1.5 kg per acre pseudomona fluroscence (bio - pesticide and growth promoter) powder with water and spary.This bio-product controls all bacterial wilt diseases. Also cost per kg is about Rs.150/- per kg.

Dear Parthapco, where can we get those product… i am from hyderabad.

Dear Paillasita
I know a manufacturer in Kakinada
samhita soil solutions
Ph.9848549349

I am just getting a peice of land prepared for water melon in Medak District. I am directly planning to put in the seeds into the ground and supply water through drip. Is there are interval of water I should supply (with drip) and what are the other nutrients required for this crop. I plan to spray a Bio NPK once I see a couple of leaves coming out.

Crops like Watermelon, Kharbuj, Chilli, Papaya etc. are very much prone to Viral disease attack. None of the chemicals will give you relief. You can buy product by name AVERTA from Trupti Agro, Mysore and spray @2ML of water and repeat the treatment on 4th day. Leaves if they are curled, should get revived and photosynthesis will be restored. Product is based on natural ingredients.
Thanks,
Krishna Gokhale