Power tiller and mini tractor

Split from this topic: farmnest.com/forum/farm-equipmen … kirlosker/

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for the update. This works out cheaper than a dedicated generator. Coz VST tiller costs around 1.1 L and with subsidy it comes to around 50 to 60k. So with a trailer this can be used both for luggage hauling and also for such activities. I have seen a lot of attachment comes for this.

Does tiller has a PTO like tractor ? More over what is the average operating cost, means how much diesel per hour this consumes ?

Do post some pics .

Regards

Murali KG

VST 130D costs around 143000, subsidy 57000, cost to farmer is around 87000. Checked a week back.

1 Like

Hi Hegde,

They have hiked the prices ? I saw it in Krishi mela last year, There are others also. Have you checked the greaves one ? Looks deadly and menacing.

By the way how much does a trailer cost ? What type of licence is required to run this on road. Can give a competition to tractor guys for hauling items. VST or Mitsubishi also has a mini tractor. how is this when compared to tiller ?

Regards

Murali KG

Hi Murali,

Looks like they have done it. I have not checked Greaves. could not locate the website or dealer info. ( do you have the link to it?).

Trailer cost depends on the model, base one costs around 39K, ones that gets attached to mini-tractor costs 110k. I was thinking if i can use my old car tyre ( with wheels) and get it build using some wooden logs, for the frame alone use the iron, would it be feasible?.

Tiller does not require license unlike the mini tractor ( that what VST dealer told me).

Mini tractor costs 2.8 lakhs, i am not sure about the subsidy for this ( dealer said its not there ), Saverafarms, has got the subsidy in TN for the same model. I think Karnataka does not have subsidy. By the way if you claim subsiby for trailer with silk farm ( mulberry farm ? ) you would get subsidy of 75K.

Both trailer and mini-tractor have the same power, just the usability is different, tiller seems to be more agile, but tractor is easy to operate (i suppose) and the turning radius of tractor is more.

Hi,

I have mailed you the greaves brochure. What are you planning to buy ? If the path is narrow, tillers are best bet. But on road, they are a nuisance to others.

Regards

Murali

Does anyone know about mini tractors which are less than 20 hp and what would be the pricing for them?

Shiv

Hi,

I would like to buy a tiller for me, but I am not sure how to buy with subsidy.
I am basically from Udupi, I already contacted Taluk agricultural department for applying same. The officer told that there is no stock this year, I can get the tiller next year.

We already need of tiller this year.

Please help me to buy a tiller.

Regards,
Pradeep Bola

Some info here: farmnest.com/forum/farm-equipmen … 5/#msg5625

I thought you need to check availability with a supplier and Government pays the subsidy amount for it, with you paying for the rest.
Did you check with the sales persons of equipment providers? - Captain, VST, Angad etc. They should be able to tell you how to proceed to get one.

hello, i am Debbie, from Zhejiang Shangma Agricultural Machinery Co., Ltd.

We mainly supply diesel power tillers with 6hp, 9hp, 10hp and 12hp. with 20 models. with high quality and good price.

email is debbiepowertiller*@*gmail.com.

notes: the @ means only @

Hi Debbie,

Do tell us about how these compare with the Indian makes in terms of performance, service and cost.
Is it easy to buy from China and get them to India?

Chandra

Here’s some information on Government subsidy in Andhra Pradesh, with respect to the Shakti 180D mini-tractor from VST Tillers. This information was provided by the VST dealer for Rangareddy district.

Two types of subsidy are available (not sure of the maximum cap, I guess it applies to tractors less than 35 HP):

1. Individual: A maximum subsidy of Rs. 45,000 is available.
  2. Group: 50% subsidy applies if a group consisting of 5 or more Pattedars buy the tractor together.

There are some caveats though (so far):

1. Subsidy for the year is given to each Mandal, if you are interested in availing of it, funds must still be available from the allocation for the year.
  2. The dealer for the tractor must be situated in the same district in which the farm land exists.

hi friends,

I have purchased one shrachi 15 hp three wheel type power tiller from one of farmer, since he was not using it. For my farm activities, now iam looking for a suitable trailer( body lifting type for un-loading-manual) .

Any one can suggest, a good fabricater/genuine supplier around tiptur.

thanks and regards,

kasturiraju.

Hi Raju,

The manufactured ones are from Peenya. Some industries do it. But if so how will you take it to Tiptur ? I have seen people buying the axle and wheels from NR Road near city market and get the body locally done up.

Regards

Murali

hi murali,

thanks for your reply.

transfer from peenya to tiptur should not be a problem for me. since, i beliee one man responsibility to do the entire job is good. If you have any details of the peenya person, you can provide me.

once agains thanks,

kasturiraju.

Hi Hegde,

As mentioned by Murali, Greaves manufacture powert tillers and all farm equipments. You can check their website.

[quote=kasturiraju]
hi friends,

I have purchased one shrachi 15 hp three wheel type power tiller from one of farmer, since he was not using it. For my farm activities, now iam looking for a suitable trailer( body lifting type for un-loading-manual) .

Any one can suggest, a good fabricater/genuine supplier around tiptur.

thanks and regards,

kasturiraju.[/quote]

Hi Kasturiraju,

I have a lead of a farmer who has a VST Powertiller which is said to be sparingly used. He is quoting 70000/- and this is through a broker and I would like to know how this is working for you and what are the pitfalls of a power tiller. Please share some information on your usage and utilities.

Thanks,
Srinivas

Dear friend,

Is only engine he is quoting Rs.70,000-00 or along with trailer? If he has quoted to only engine it is costly and you can go for the new one along with subsidy.

Any power tiller, you have to use very carefully and responsibly otherwise it will be a disaster.

apart from that , it is good to who cann’t be offered/required to buy second hand tractor and trailer.

take care,

kasturiraju.

Hi Kasturiraju,

Thank you and sorry for the late reply. The guy says that the power tiller is hardly used (only 1 month) and does not have any implements. He is quoting 75K as the new one after subsidy is around 1 L.

Thanks,
Srinivas

Hello Raju,

I would like to know more details on the power tiller which I intend to buy. I made up my mind to buy a new one for which there is 60K subsidy from horticulture. I need to get in touch with the dealer in Medak so I would get the tiller VST 130D tiller for Rs.88500/- which comes with a rotavator. It seems I have to pay around 5K for the processing without which nothing happens in this country.

Please advice me how the tiller is working for you and both disadvantages and advantages. How is the maintenance going? Thanks in advance.

Srinivas