Polyhouse capsicum farming - profitability, risks, availability?

Hi,
I would like to set-up polyhouse in an acre and depending on the feasibility, to increase the set-up upto 4 acres.I would need the below inputs who have knowledge or hands on experience in setting up a poly house.
i)Is this profitable?
ii) What are the risk involved
iii)Can we get a second hand poly house set up?

Thanks for your help in advance
M.V.K

1. Profit has different meaning for different people. For farmer yes it is profitable. For a finaciar it is a loss.
    you can produce export quality veggies and flowers and sell it to Chennai based exporters. Make sure to get a list of permitted pesticide for export.
  2. Risks : it is a full time owner involved business. you cannot run it by manager.

If you go for flriculture it is a 0 holiday and hectic on festival and marriage season. you have to have a good control on labor. you need to make them turn up to work on festival day. beacuse your flowers on great demand only on a festival day.

you need uninterupted water suply

1. You canot get subsidy for second hand polyhouse. Remember there is a 50% subsidy.

Thank your very much for your suggestion

sir i have one more doubt , my place (vellore) is very hot during summer around 48c 50% humidity and winter 32c ,is it possible to cultivate capsicum in this region please advice me

Thanks.

Yes possible. You will have to go with advanced equipments like foggers, climate control operatus etc. for this you need day long power supply. You may go for solar energy.
for 1 acre poly house costs aproxx 40+ lacs(with advanced equipments) and solar energy costs 1 lac/HP(aproxx) of pump so keep budget in mind while you plan something.

Capsicum?? my favorate !

i)Is this profitable? - any crop is 100% profitable if grown till the end (full crop life). ROI would vary.
ii) What are the risk involved - labor has been discussed earlier, crop knowledge i would add.
iii)Can we get a second hand poly house set up? - Yes you can. subsidy part has been discussed. but installing a second hand polyhouse would be a pain, as polyhouse have different layouts, size, material etc.
so it it matches with your requirement, then well and good, but if not, then its a bit of a pain.

Vivek

Hi,
I would like to set-up polyhouse in 2 acre and depending on the feasibility, to increase the set-up upto 4 acres.I would need the below inputs who have knowledge or hands on experience in setting up a poly house.
i) Any ready project report for ref.
ii) Is this profitable?
iii) What are the risk involved
iv) Can we get a second hand poly house set up?
v) Which is better i.e shed net or polyhouse.

Thanks for your help in advance
Vilas

Vilas,

Please read posts in below thread. Almots all your questions are answered.

farmnest.com/forum/agricultural- … n#msg14501