Poly-house vs Shade Net house - Indian Scenerio

POLYHOUSE v/s SHADE NET HOUSE - THE INDIAN SCENERIO

hey all,
well… what do you guys think ?

Vivek

ok we all know wats a polyhouse, shadenet house, tunnel house, fanpad setup etc…

so whats more suitable for India, and also more profitable?
This can be crop specific, location specific.

i feel this is very important for people who are planning to invest their resources in “protected environment farming” and treat it as a business.

Vivek

*[quote=Viks]
POLYHOUSE v/s SHADE NET HOUSE - THE INDIAN SCENERIO

hey all,
well… what do you guys think ?

Vivek
[/quote]i
*[/ul][quote=Viks]
ok we all know wats a polyhouse, shadenet house, tunnel house, fanpad setup etc…

so whats more suitable for India, and also more profitable?
This can be crop specific, location specific.

i feel this is very important for people who are planning to invest their resources in “protected environment farming” and treat it as a business.

Vivek
[/quote]

since govt grants subsidy of 70% it is a viable proposition as both floriculture market & vegetable are open due to scarcity,but it is a full time job initially can not be left to others

anup

vik
It will be great if you can throw some light on both with details so it will be clewar for people like mee ;D

hey Anup,
sorry for the delays.

well…i am not aware of the 70% subsidy. can you please share more.
and agriculture will surely give good returns if done properly, just like any other business.

i am trying to compare polyhouse and shadenet house, considering the investments, returns, capacity of the real indian farmer, climate conditions in india etc.

this discussion is open for all crops.

Vivek

Pavan!

polyhouse and shadenet house, lot of info available online…
give me some time to post all that i know with visuals in one single post.

i would need your help. so plz start searching for pictures of both and post so we can discuss more.

Vivek

Hi vivek
I belong to Odisha where govt hort dept grants 70% subsidy on structure[Rs600/-per sqmtr shadenet house & Rs935/- on poly house cost]additional 70% subsidy on planting cost,It is granted to one individual for one poly house of 4000sqmtr and one shadenet house of 4000 sq mtr,with this kind of assistance it is an excellent proposition for us to have protected cultivation not to mention coastal odisha is a cyclone prone area,recent cyclone philin has damaged little to the top net only,not to frame & plants.
I have also research article of mentioning 25-30 rose flower per plant with 4000 sqmtr u can have 30000 plants with 25-30 flowers will produce 9 lakh flowers over 1 year time and here we sale @ Rs 6/- in local market,similarely with capsicum appx 10 kgs per sq mtr will fetch 40 ton a year and market rate average Rs 50/- per Kilo seems to be a good proposition.

Whats ur opinion since practically ur involved?

Anup

hey Anup,
30k rose plants in 4000 sq mtr? are you sure? thats almost twice the capsicum plantation i have, and i thought my plantation was dense :stuck_out_tongue:

nyways, its really unfortunate about the cyclones and the destruction it causes.
i being from the central part of india, had never have to face any such strong natural forces.

i have winds of about 60-90km in my area, and last year it blew off two of my arc sheets. the wind honestly scare me and very moment i am on my knees and begging plz.

and the production and return part is all true, but then the grower needs to take lot of personal interest and pain to meet and/or to set new figures.

setup can be raised, techonology can be bought, but nothing will do good unless its used properly, taken care of, the practises are right etc.

i have more hands on experience about capsicum, returns of Rs 20lakh / year is possible, more is actually.

now shadenet vs polyhouse.

shadenet (with best quality net) is about 90-110 rs sq/mtr. and polyhouse cost is about Rs 570/sq mtr. so the initial investment is almost 5 times. where as the production of a shadenet is 25-30% less against polyhouse.
so which one is a wiser decision Anup?

the only issue is the strong winds, but this can be taken care of easily, with hardly any big investment, rain problem can be taken care of also.

so i really am more biased towards custom shadenet setups, as the initial investment is very less, good for starters to get crop experience, and quicker ROI. there are limitations to crop selection, but most of crops which are grown in india (in polyhouses) can be grown in net house.

and before i forget, the subsidy part i cant understand. can you please explain more?

as you said 70% subsidy on shadenet structure (rs 600/sq mtr) is given by government, but my shadenet cost is Rs100/sq mtr.

or is a subsidy of Rs 600/sq mtr is given on the whole setup (including growing media,drip,machine etc ?) then too i dont think my shadenet setup cost would be more than Rs 200/sq mtr (with the bestest of everything)

can you guide plz ?

Vivek

Subsidies are good to listen … but hard to really get … unless you are a marginal farmer of less than 2 - 5 acre land holder.

I think having low initial investment is better option, and so shadenet makes more sense.

Again weather, crop we choose and size/scale at which we are planning to operate will make a huge difference.

Along with capital costs , can you please share what all could be cultivated in shadenet in Indian conditions.My assumption is we can grow all shadenet plants in polyhouses.

Hi Vivek
I am getting u in detail,subsidy part central hort assistance comes to 50% probably for all states,20 %additional comes from individual state,so altogether it comes to 70% ie for structure,drip system,fogger only this will be erected by empannelled agencies like Jain,Netafin,Classic etc with almost 100 % imported materials from Israel,another 70 % granted for planting cost ie development of land,soil sterlisation,fertilizer,FYM, etc reqd to get the land ready,than comes sapling cost ,planting labour etc .
For rose hort dept is negotiating with singapore if it materialises they will pay us Rs 15/- per bud potherwise Rs 6/- per bud can be realised from local market,Odisha almost produces nothing ,90% depend on Bengal & Bangalore for flower & 90 % veg from Andhra & Bihar etc.
So since with a capital of 15lakh Rose can be cultivated over 1 acre[4000sq mtr]in poly house & 7-8 lakh reqdfor net house capsicum or tomato etc.We do have privte agencies tken up Gerbera,Rose & Cactus flower in poly house,getting gerbera avg 5000 sticks a day @ Rs 10/- per stick,Over all if u get govt assistance subsidy[here subsidy amount directly collected by structure erector from dept only we pay 30% [negotiable] to erector]
I find with my experience protected cultivation is a viable & worth while proposition,pls share ur experience in cultivation and result?

Anup

hey Anup,
thanks for the details.
plz give me some time to get back.

Vivek

Time up, Vivek! :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue:
sorry slipped out, and couldnt find. thanks for the reminder.

there are so many subsidies Anup has mentioned. i doubt if we can get all those many subsidies all together.

i am aware of the 50% for shadenet or PH either by NMH or NHB. but the rest are all individual and i doubt if they can be taken along with the PH or shadenet subsidy.

the 20% subsidy you are talking about, is valid on crop when its taken individually.

rest of the prices you have mentioned for the rose look real.

Vivek

P.S. Chandra, i cant really find anything to add on here :-X

Hi Guys,
U guys seem really informed about the topic of flower cultivation.
Can anyone advice on how one can start the above.
I have No previous experience in farming

Thanks and keep up the good work

Bro main issues is Market we are facing problem of market