I have been approved 75% subsidy for building a 1000 sqmt poly house in Thodupuzha, Kerala last week. I need to complete the project before January 30th 2015 which is 2 months from now. I am trying to get opinion from everyone regarding the do’s and don’t do’s when constructing a poly house. Even though I am from a family with agricultural background, I am completely new to the hi-tech farming and would appreciate any help from you guys. Below are some of the things i need help with . APPROXIMATE BUDGET IS AROUND 12 LAKHS
- Does anyone have a list of approved contractors who can build a poly house in kerala and any recommendations based on your previous experience?
- What shape is ideal for kerala’s climate? I have heard from some owners that we should go with gable shape- any recommendation on this?
- Rate per sqmt ? I checked with couple contractors and I got Rs 1150 from one and Rs 1250 from another one per sqmt. Is this reasonable or would i be able to find better price? (government’s approved rate per sqmt is Rs 935 and any thing over that I will have to put from my pocket and is not covered by subsidy)
- What are the do’s and don’t do’s when constructing a poly house in your experience?
- Is there any additional features that I should add to the poly house other than drip irrigation, misting, fogging etc? How about sensors, ph meteret, thermometer etc?
- Any recommendation on crop selection based on kerala’s climate?
- Any recommendation on preparation of solid beds?
- Is better to use soil bed or bags with soil in it?
- Any tips to prevent virus, fungal etc?
Any help from you guys are appreciated and let’s share our experience and try to make this a successful venture. Thanks