Planning to start a small dairy farm

Hi All,

I am working for company in Bangalore and willing to start a small dairy farm with 7 to 10 local + HF cows (will increase gradually depending feasibility). For that i am looking for a farm which is may be 150 kms away from Bangalore. I am a beginner to the dairy farming, so please let me know who much acres of land is required for fodder development ?? (only for dairy farming).

I have been reading articles on dairy farming and success stories of people who have moved from cities to rural side for engaging them selves in dairy farming. Even i have inspired and looking to establish a farm house and start dairy business with a initial turn over of about 100 ltrs of milk every day (with 10 cows). I heard from few of the dairy farmers that 20rs / ltr is paid.

Please provide me more information on images of cow shed, fodder preparing unit, milking system, cooling system. All your suggestions are welcomed.

Regards,
Naveen

Dear Naveen,

Willing to start dairy farm not understood.

whether you want to take it full time job or as hobby?

revertback with serious thoughts,please.

thanks and regards,

kasturiraju.

Hi Naveen,

I have a ready made diary farm for you near Mysore which is 135kms from Bangalore, easy approach on the main road. Having 3 acres land with ready shed for 15 cows 2 rooms for the labour, 1.5 acres green grass fenced. At the moment having 4 cows HF & cross, land is on lease for 5 years. This farm is 13 kms from Mysore bustand. If you are interested please call me on my cell 9845835511 immediately for any clarification.

Regards,
Asif

which is the best place to buy kenkrej cow’s near hyderabad?

Hi all,

I wanted to start a dairy farm in my town. I own about 18 acres of land. I do not have any expertise in this field. I was looking for some advise on how should I go about it. I was looking for some kind of training/internship in this field.

Thanks,
Anil
anilagarwal88@gmail.com