Planning for Polyhouse for Rose and Orchid cultivation

Hi Everyone,

To introduce myself, I am Amit

I am an IT professional with over 15 years of experience. For quite some time now I have been thinking of doing something where my passion lies and flower farming / floriculture seems like the thing I want to do.

I have done a little bit of research and have a high level business plan in mind to setup a Polyhouse for Rose and Orchid cultivation in Maval or Kamshet area of Maharashtra.

This would include buying the land and setting up the polyhouse, plantations and marketing with help from consultants; also understand that there is subsidy available from NHB for PH and other equipment as well. I have no prior experience of flower farming, except some of the flowers that I grow in my house balcony (Rose, Petunias, Champaca, etc)

I am keen to understand the key factors to consider while planning this in terms of location, key temparature and environmental considerations, which type of polyhouse would be ideal, ideal flowers to be grown, irrigation and fertilization requirements, high level investment amount and returns.

Would request feedback / advice from the experienced forum members on the above points, also if there are members who have thier flower farms already setup, a visit to the farm would really help

Also I am looking for a like minded, passionate partner who is also keen to startup; any references who would be interested to partner with me in terms of time, effort and money would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Amit

Hi Amit,
did you started your polyhouse in Maval?
i am also planning for same in Khed rajgurunagar area.