PKM1 drumstick is profitable

Hi,
As per previous threads I understood that PKM1 is the good variety one can cultivate.
Kindly let me know how and where can I get PKM1 seeds?
Regards,
Kumar

Check your nearest KVK. it is popular anybody can provide you. if you dont find it

contact Periyakulam Agriculture College
Phone No.: 0422-6611371,6611270
e-mail: deanhortcbe@tnau.ac.in

Also see below thread for some gyan on this topic

farmnest.com/forum/agricultural- … 4/#msg9764

Hello…

Greetings everyone…

Here many experts are sharing thier experience on Drumstick / Moringa cultivation… thanks to all…

I would like to know in coconut farms can v cultivate drumstick…? coconuts are planted by spacing of 20 to 25 feet each…

is their any trouble in cultivating inside the coconut farm…?

Do drumstick need heavy sunlight…? our coconuts are about 20 years old with a height of 20 to 25 feet… which may block heavy sunlight…

if anyone have experience of cultivating or have knowledge or seen such drumstick cultivation inside the coconut farm kindly share your views & experiences…

Thanks…

See this is a Horticulture Dept farm. If you don’t understand the language also it is fine there not much gyan, see video. But it will give you brief idea how it will be if you inter cultivate.

youtube.com/watch?v=aVqU_d8SqNw

What is the per acre cost of drumstick ?
What no of plant can be accommodated in an acre ??
What is the yield and average rate one can get in Maharashtra ??
Can drumstick farming be done through Subhash Palekars “Zero Budget Natural Farming” concept ??
Does Zero budget natural farming have any effect on yield??

Dear Ashis sir, in TNAU,periyakulam,coimbattore and/or at IIHR,hessargatta, Bengaluru, the cost of PKM 1 drum stick seed cost is rs 1,600/- per kg and we require 200 gms per acre, in normal planting. If it is high density planation, 400 to 500 gms seed required per acre.

If it is ROHIT of nashik, maharashtra, each seed is rs 3/- or 4/-. Generally normal plantation requires 1000 seeds ( plus 20 % extra ).For high density, requirement of seed will be 2000 to 3000 nos.

yield up to my knowledge, depends on our system of farming, soil, water etc ( so many parameters are to be suited for good high yield )

You have to decide whether to grow quality tasty and healthy product even low quantity and/or healthy,tasty,quality and profitable highyields. If high yields are required you have to feed the plant required nutrients. It is billion dollars question. So, my intension is with zero budget farming, your earnings also will be in that range only.

All the best to you. g.p.rao, farmer