Pkm -1 annual moringa - an insight into improved cutivation

Dear friend
888 moringa trees produces over 20 MT of fresh pods ,not seeds .Also note that PKM1 and PKM2 are annual high yielding moringa where as MAMOX 3 is perennial variety that actually is not a MAMOX as it is claimed by some men .It is actually a high yielding perennial moringa found in natural habitat in central Tamilnadu .nowhere in the world any moringa produces 8 MT of moringa seeds .It is an Everest lie .

3 Likes

Dear Mr RAMU,

Thank you! Thank you !! thank you !!!. I really appreciated a reply from high reputable professional like you. We discussed with a company in India about Momax seeds that produce 8MT Per hectare( 2.5 acres). They charged $850.00 per kg approximately. We will be glad if we can get advice concerning this, as the fund for the farm comes from Government grant. Also please what is seed production for an acre of land for PKM1 and PKM2. But if you don’t mind you can advice any other seeds that can give 3 Tons per hectares (2.5 arces) aside the costly Momax 3.

Please your assistance for clarification is needed.

Thanks

KOLA

NOTE : BELOW IS THE COMPANY FOR MOMAX 3. Please advice sir.

MORINGA INDIA

( Super Power Food)

ADVANCED BIOFUEL CENTER

(Building a Better Tomorrow)

Biodiesel Business Academy

(Global Knowledge Platform)

F-38-39, FIRST FLOOR GLAXY STAR A-2 CENTRAL SPINE

VIDHYADHAR NAGAR JAIPUR - 302039 (INDIA)

So he charges Rs.59619 per kg ? Actually the so called momax as claimed by someone in Jaipur does not belong either to Jaipur in Rajasthan or any other state except South Central Tamilnadu where this same moringa has been under cultivation since 50 years .
This traditional variety of moringa is planted at plant density of 250 trees per acre and 625 trees in one ha . Well grown tree that is in about 2-3 years will produce 600 pods per tree .For 250 trees @ 600 pods you will get 150000 pods and each pod wil carry on an average 11 seeds .So for 1.5 pods you will get 1.65 lac seeds .Out of 1.65 lac seeds 1/3 of pods ( 4 seeds at distal end of pods ) will go waste as immature or partially matured .Final eligible seed quantity produced per acre is 1.1 lac quality seeds per acre .Each seed weighs 0.30 grams .so all 1.1 lac seeds @0.3 grams per seed will give you total seed quantity of 330 kgs and for one ha ( 2.5 acre ) your anticipated yield will be around 825 kgs or at the maximum 1000 kgs per Ha .Even if the man claims two flowering in a year the total moringa seed production will be 1650 - 2000 kgs ( 1.65 - ,2.0 MT) . The farmer who rigorously follow seed production standards will get above quantity of moringa seed yield and will sell @Rs.2500/3000 per kg but never at this exorbitant rate of Rs.59619 / kg . Lot of malpractices are being done on this kind of moringa seed business . Usually farmers cultivate moringa for pods for local market and usually they harvest between 15 to 20 MT of green pods per Ha . When the pods are sold @Rs.20 -25 per kg ,moringa farmers make an income between 3 - 5 lac per acre per year . When there is no market price for moringa farmers will not harvest and leave the pods mature and dry in the tree itself and collect seeds that are purchased by so many north indian businessmen and resold for oil extraction and some people are reselling this unsorted seeds for sowing purpose .Story goes like this . Now a days online marketing rules the roost and buyers without even knowing the credential of seed producer or seed seller just read through beautiful messages and extra information posted in their website and buy the seeds and later after one or 2 years after sowing they realise their mistake and some end users have gone without telling what has happened to them in the cultivation . .so I advise you just get seeds only from reliable sources for the price that never exceeds $ 35 - 50 per kg.

Regards

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the comprehensive free of charged information. We ( me and my team) really appreciate your effort. Yes sir the the company charged Rs.59619/Kg for the momax 3. As they claimed the high yielding that you have adviced us with clear explanation. You adviced to look for high yeilding seeds from reliable sources with price of $35-50kg,but we have checked www.amazon.in without supplier that can ship to Africa. Please is there any platform online or a company we can source from in India.
Thank you very much for all details information.

There is one moringa seed producing farmer in Dindigul District Mr .Govindaraj . He is not a company or businessman but he has supplied quality moringa seeds to overseas countries like Myanmar , cambodia for a commercial organic moringa plantation . If you could speak to him in Tamil , you better contact him over phone 9843967182. The buyers arranged their own shipping to airlift seeds from Dindigul . Bcoz Mr.Govindaraj as a farmer only could supply quality seeds but he does not know the process involved in shipping of moringa seeds to overseas countries . Since he is a farmer he charges cost between USD 35- 40 per kg of moringa seeds that posses superior germination of over 90 % and high yielding of pods .
Sourcing directly from seed producing farmer is better than sourcing from agent / companies who throw advertisement online platform like Amazon ,Alibaba etc …

You try your level best

2 Likes

Sir Thank you very very much for your support. I will discuss with an Indian friend that reside in Mumbai if he can help me arranged cargo or I discuss with DHL/TNT here if they can collect cargo from Mr Govindaraj. Hopefully he can sell 1-2KG seeds . yes sir you are very right about Amazon and Alibaba. Thank you for the support.
Best regards

HI Friends…Please guide me is farming of MOringa possible in Punjab where temp easily crosses 47 degree in summer and drops near to zero in winter season

Please ask Mr RAMU, He is a nice man and will guide with information. I am just a start up farmer also,
Thanks

Sir
I have a farm in kilkovalaivedu which is very close to your place. Kindly send me your contact details so that I can be in touch with you to discuss in detail in person.

My mail is is Viswanathand@gmail.com

Regards
Vish

Hello Ramu

I have read the various conversations on moringa, they are very helpful, thank you! I am planning to cultivate moringa in four acres of land in the outskirts of Hyderabad. Have few questions, request your suggestion/ comments please.

Do I plant the seeds now or a month later (i.e. May or June)

Should I get pits dug for planting seeds, if yes what are the dimensions and please suggest the soil mix (compost+ soil + Sand, etc proportion)

I am confused between PKM2 and ODC. Which one is better for pods and which one for leaf? Is there any new/improvised variety?

I was thinking of using 2 acres for pods and 2 acres for leaf, what do you suggest?

Any genuine farmers contact which you can provide for procuring seeds and the likely cost of seeds per acre.

What intercrops do you suggest, will ginger be a good option?

Tips on irrigation right from preparation of land till complete plant growth.

PS: I am taking land for lease for 3-5 years, please suggest accordingly.

Regards
Aadi

Delighted to see that both Vish and Karups are nearer to me My ancestral town is Peranamallur and I have a piece of land there and Anaibogi

My no is 9840035099 and email subramanian.pn@gmail.com

The p in my name stands for Peranamallur

PNS

*********************************************************** Notice: “This e-mail and its attachment contains confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and/or attachment printing,
copying, disclosing or distributing are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication erroneously, please notify the sender by e-mail or telephone and permanently delete the original message and its attachments. Please note Utopia Global Inc
is permitted to disclose an individual’s personal information to comply with legal requirements as authorized by GDPR.”

Dear Mr Amrani
Moringa grows well in your climate .Temperature is not an issue .you said your soil is purple . Reconfirm if your soil is shade of red and check for soil PH . For moringa cultivation you need soil pH range between 5.5 - 8 . When soil PH goes extreme beyond these lower and upper limit ,it hampers germination and causes death of plants or at least slows down the growth of trees resulting in uneconomical yield of pods .
You said rainfall is less but did not mention quantity of annual average rainfall and spread over of rainy days . If rainfall is less and soil fertility status is lower and still you want to grow moringa ,then do sow moringa seeds at hidensity @ 1200-1500 plants per acre .If your market price is more you can also install shadenet houseto overcome adverse effect of less rainfall and hot temperature …
Regards
Ramu
Asst Director of Agriculture
Cumbum
Theni district /TN
9360220317 ,6385356112

2 Likes

Hi ramu its sachin hear from Chitradurga
We have planted drumstick sapling of Pkm1 on June 2019 we have not pinched so plants are 10-15 feet now it started to flower now should we pinch the top now? It’s in between arecanut tress which is 4year old… Not given any fertioas of now Plz suggest what to do we want chemical free option

Dear Mr.Ramu Sir,

I recently purchased 1 acre plot at my native place Tal.Khed,Dist.Ratnagiri, Maharashtra… Professionally I am not a farmer. But now I want to start something in farming field. I am completely new in farming sector.
So Please advise on Moringa Plantation of konkan ruchira seeds or some other seeds.

1). Do the soil test required before Moringa Plantation.?
2). Plantation tips for organic cultivation.
3). Main problem is water, after rainy season there no chance of water to given for plants. I also tried borewell of same area but it’s failed.
4). So without water is it possible to take moringa farming.?

Please Guide me…… I am planning to start Moringa farming to Oct 2020.

Mr Ramu sir, please give me some of suggestions I want to do Drumstick farming about 10 acre in Gujarat
Sir please tell me which one veriety is the best like yield ,pods size, colour of pods and minimum 10/12 years production ,

O P Yadav

Dear Mr.Pmprakash
Kindly go for pure and original quality ODC 3 moringa that is best for pods and other purpose .It stands producing as long as you retain that in the field

Mr Ramu sir
I have 2 acre pkm 1 veraity 195 days no flowering pl guide me sir my place is Karnataka
Koppal district

Moringa Seeds Plantation
Moringa seed germination is the first step when you go for growing the plant from quality moringa tree seeds. Soak these seeds in water for 24 hours to enhance quick germination. Next day, you can remove the soaked seeds, place them on a wet paper towel or cotton cloth. Wrap them and put a knot around the neck. Store in a dark place and place them in a vessel. It will take one week for the seeds to start sprouting. Make sure the paper towel/cloth is wet.
Soil
Annual moringa comes up well in a wide range of soil. A deep sandy loam soil with a pH of 6.5 – 8 is ideal for cultivating this crop.
Season
Planting is done during July – October
Seed Rate
5000 of seeds are required per acre . Sow two seeds per pit at a depth of 2.5-3.0 cm. The seeds can also be sown in the poly bags containing pot mixture and transplanted after 35 -40 days of sowing.
Preparatory cultivation
Dig pits of size 45 cm x 45 cm x 45 cm with a spacing of 2.0 - 2.5 m either way. Apply 15 kg of compost or FYM/pit after mixing with top soil.
High density planting and fertigation in moringa PKM 1
High density planting at 1.5 X 1.0 m spacing with two plants/hill and plant population 13,333 / ha along with the application of fertilizer dose of 135: 23 :45 g of NPK/pit (150%) through drip increases the yield of moringa. In this phosphorus should be applied basally as soil application. N and K can be applied in the form of urea and muriate of potash through drip.
• For PKM-2, the closest spacing of 1.2 x 1.2 m is ideal to obtain the highest yield of 138 t/ha. The pinching of main shoots on 80th day after sowing will also help register the highest yield of fruits.

After cultivation
Gap filling may be done within a month. Pinch off the seedlings when they are about 75 cm in height to facilitate more branching. Short duration vegetables like Cowpea, Bhendi and Tomato can be grown as intercrop.
• For perennial moringa, medium pruning of shoots at 70 cm from the tip has to be followed to regulate flowering and obtain the highest yield of 37 kg/ tree.
Manuring
A fertilizer dose of 45:15:30 g of NPK/pit may be applied 3 months after sowing. Apply 45 g of N/pit after 6 months when the crop is in bearing.
Irrigation
Irrigate before sowing and on the 3rd day after sowing and subsequently at 10 – 15 days interval according to soil type.
Plant protection
Pests
Moringa pod fly management
Soil application of Thiamethoxam 25 WG @ 200g a.i. / ha on 150, 180 and 210 days after planting; placement of fermented tomato fruit trap @ 25 / ha; and need based foliar spray of Spinosad 45 SC @ 56g a.i. / ha followed by Profenophos 50 EC@ 250g a.i. / ha.
Bud worm, leaf caterpillar and leaf webber: Dust Carbaryl 10 D @ 25 kg/ha or spray Carbaryl 50 WP @ 2 g/l.
Hairy caterpillar
Use flame torch when the caterpillars settle on the tree trunk.
Ratoon crop
Cut back the trees at 90 cm from ground level after the harvest is over. In another 4 – 5 months, plants will again come for harvest. Ratoon crops can be taken for 3 years. Apply the fertilizer dose of 45:15:30 g NPK/plant, within a week after cutting back along with 25 kg of FYM or compost every year.
Yield
50 - 55 tonnes of pods/ha (220 pods/tree/year).

Hi Sir,
Please let me know how to induce flowering and reduce flower drop in Drumstick and Papaya cultivation.
Should we use Ammonium sulphate through drip or spray coconut butter milk mix??