Papaya - dry leaf as medicine?

Dear Friends,

I have planted papaya in my 4 Acres land near Hunsur, Mysore dist… in the month of March 2014 and grown well…

i read somewhere dry leaves of papaya is useful for medicines…

If anyone knows details about it please let me know…

Thanks
Mahesh

yes . it helps in reducing body temp during all types of fever including dengue. i heard that it increases platelet count in blood. this helps in recovering from the menace of DENGUE

Its good to know that Papaya helps to control all types of fevers. Can anyone who has information on the how to use it will be helpful when in need.

My parents suffered with Chicken Gunya fever some 8 months ago and they still have the pains, consulted many doctors but there is no complete relief. Please share if the papaya leave can be of any help for them.

Thanks in advance friends.

Thanks,
Srini

PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE .
Asian Pac J Trop Biomed. Aug 2011; 1(4): 330–333.
doi: 10.1016/S2221-1691(11)60055-5
PMCID: PMC3614241
Dengue fever treatment with Carica papaya leaves extracts
Nisar Ahmad,1,2,* Hina Fazal,1,3 Muhammad Ayaz,4 Bilal Haider Abbasi,1 Ijaz Mohammad,5 and Lubna Fazal5
Author information ► Article notes ► Copyright and License information ►
This article has been cited by other articles in PMC.
Go to:
Abstract
The main objective of the current study is to investigate the potential of Carica papaya leaves extracts against Dengue fever in 45 year old patient bitten by carrier mosquitoes. For the treatment of Dengue fever the extract was prepared in water. 25 mL of aqueous extract of C. papaya leaves was administered to patient infected with Dengue fever twice daily i.e. morning and evening for five consecutive days. Before the extract administration the blood samples from patient were analyzed. Platelets count (PLT), White Blood Cells (WBC) and Neutrophils (NEUT) decreased from 176×103/µL, 8.10×103/µL, 84.0% to 55×103/µL, 3.7×103/µL and 46.0%. Subsequently, the blood samples were rechecked after the administration of leaves extract. It was observed that the PLT count increased from 55×103/µL to 168×103/µL, WBC from 3.7×103/µL to 7.7×103/µL and NEUT from 46.0% to 78.3%. From the patient feelings and blood reports it showed that Carica papaya leaves aqueous extract exhibited potential activity against Dengue fever. Furthermore, the different parts of this valuable specie can be further used as a strong natural candidate against viral diseases.

Papaya leaves may be used for medicine but plain leaves won’t find any buyer.Currently we can not use the leaves till some extract etc is taken out of papaya leaves.The best use it to get it composted by spraying it in pits having verms.Regarding fever remedy, Giloy ( tinospora Cordifolia)is the best medicines against any fever.Surprisingly it enhances blood platelets many folds in no time.One pencil thick stem of 9" of giloy(tinospora Cordifolia) if taken directly in raw form, can enhance one’s resistance and immunity power,enhances blood platellets and relieves a patient from all types of fevers.To enhance physical stamina drink jaggery mixed milk water without chhena i.e.w/o paneer(milk curdled by putting drops of lemon in boiling milk).
rcdixit

Friends,

i know Papaya latex is also used for medicines …how can we market that and is there any impact on fruit …?

HELLO , PAPAYA LATEX IS BEING USED IN SOFTENING OF MEAT. IT IS ALSO USED IN BREWERIES. EXTRACTING OF LATEX DOES NOT REDUCE THE SIZE AND TASTE OF THE FRUITS. BUT THE APPEARANCE WILL NOT BE GOOD. SO THE FRUITS MAY FETCH REDUCED PRICE IN THE MARKET. SOME COMPANIES ARE PURCHASING THE LATEX ON CONTRACT BASIS.