Organic or inorganic system of cultivation?

Dear Dr Ramu sir,

Arguments are to be welcome. With examples, if any one give statement, we can think of following.
Now a days, i am observing,some farmers giving statements with out any base. I request them once again to inform our forum with details like 1.x farm is doing in x system and getting good results. Yes , we like minded farmers, visit that farms and gain knowledge and rectify our selves if any to be.

If They simply state that except x system,all other systems are wrong and farmers are greedy means, may not be right.

I once again request those forum farmer friends, who are with preoccupied opinion, may think, study and please come with examples and with detailed discusions. Let us be helpful to each other , in progress.

If we have faith on any one, we can respect them but that does not mean that their’s is the only correct system and others are not correct.

Any how Dr Ramu sir, my sincere appeal to you is, go on give good advises to our needy farming community, for ever.

with best wishes, g.p.rao, farmer

Thank you Rao Garu for your Posting.!

Actually I am thinking of to make a Post on this ZBNF and Organic. Some are thinking ZBNF and Organic Farming are one and the Same. As you Said ZBNF is having certain Limitations and not practicable for All Crops /All Soils/All areas. Practicability is Limited while Organic Farming is suitable for all All Crops /All Soils/All areas and also it is safe and the Fruits (Output) are considered to be a Medicine. It may not be out of Place to mention as has already been posted by me in our Forum Cow Dung and Cow Urine contains 10,000 Crores of Useful Bacteria for Plants as well as to the Mankind and Living Animals,Creatures etc.Kindly go through the Images of Plantain Banana Harvested on Organic Manures prepared by me with COW DUNG & COW URINE as inter crop in Malabar Neem Plantation.

I am appreciating the Efforts of Ramu Garu, Rao Garu and several Other Members dedicating their Valuable Time in imparting the Valuable information to all our Forum Members.I am personally requesting our Forum Members to Impart this Knowledge to the Illiterate Rural Farmers to uplift their Lives who are sustain losses ans selling their Valuable Farm Lands .

Incidentally I am also appreciating Mr. Chandra and Other Moderators for making a Platform in Imparting and Sharing Valuable Knowledge in Farming.This Forum is Helping me a lot in sharing Knowledge.

Any way if there are no all Items and Professions nothing will happen. If the Farming Profession go for strike, think of the Position. All the Govts. are not recognising the IMPORTANCE of this field / Activity.Though thought of by Govts. recently, that is only on the Papers not on Practical Approach. Govts are Providing benefits like Medical, Travelling etc facilities to certain fields like Journalists . Are the Farmers are not Important as to that of Journalists/Govt. Employees/Industrial Employees. Our Forum Members may Kindly think is of the Ways and means in pressuring the Govts. in providing facilities like Medical ,Transportation etc. If my last Para hurts any body's feeling ,for which I am not responsible but the situation of the Farmer is warranted because in my entire career is mingled with the Farming Community.

MANNE.SN.,
for Vasudha Green Farms,
vasudhagreenfarms@gmail.com,

Dear Manne SN,

Good days will come soon to even regular/sustainable farming farmers also, along with other farmers.

Agriculture, in depth, Olericulture ( traditional vegetables farming and exotic vegetables farming in open/Poly houses, ), floriculture ( traditional flower farming and stem flowers farming, both in open and in poly houses ), Horticulture ( all most all fruits can be grown in india ), etc …etc , so many other cultures/farming systems, should be brought to the knowledge and also, governments should see that the farmers can afford the expenditure by good means.

In Agriculture , there are so many systems, Organic, Inorganic, Global GAP, precision , Natural, and also like Zero Budget etc ,followed by world wide farmers with so many systems, may be in hundreds, area wise… Some systems are well followed by major share of the farmers, some will be followed by less share of the farmers. But the farmer fundamentally wants profit. No Farmer wants to spoil the health of the consumers, with his produce…The Kingdoms were ruined, when it was under loss.

we , farmers have to select one system, which suits us and also for our crop. One should not think that, the system which he wants to or which he is following is only good and other systems are bad, with very small knowledge.

Any how, hope the governments will realise and start good and practicable help to our farming community, for uplifting the life styles of our farmers. Meanwhile, we, farmers also meet with other, personally or in groups, discuss and gain knowledge from others. Here I want to say that our Administrator and our Moderator are cooperating for conducting meetings often and we should follow their suggestions in arranging farmer meetings, for our group benefits.

Let us be friends, respect each others opinions and systems, learn from each and others, unite and see that farming will be profitable and consumers should get good stuff .

with best wishes, g.p.rao, farmer

Dear Dr.Manne …Thank you for your postings with picture …
A gram of soil contains 10 billions microbes and cow dung contains hundreds of thousands of bacteria ,both beneficial and harmful and harmful bacteria is arrested by the beneficial bacteria when it reaches soil environment …
It takes 1000 years to form one centimeter deep soil as a result of series of complex reactions occurring in the nature like weathering of parent rock ( not same everywhere ) addition of leaf molds from the natural vegetation ( the type of natural vegetation is decided by prevailing weather and climatic condition like rainfall and temperature that are not uniform everywhere ) that later adds organic carbon to the soil when acted upon billions of bacteria and the deposit of organic and inorganic sediments brought by flood …
To add 1% organic matter to soil it takes about 15-20 years with proper management of soil
To add 0.1% organic matter to soil ,it takes about 3-5 years ( The organic farming concept advocates this period to convert inorganic farming to organic farming )
South India is located in Tropical monsoon climate ,with extreme atmospheric temperature ( Temperature reports read above 45 degree Celsius in the recent past )
When temperature is high , the bacterial activity too goes high that multiply fast and eat and finish all the organic carbon .When the decomposition and mineralization process happens simultaneously fast , the nutrients are released into the soil that are made available to the plants .so the plants grow fast . Soon after sometime , when the organic carbon diminish , the bacterial activity correspondingly decline and nearly half of the bacteria dies .Mineralization also slows down and correspondingly nutrient availability is getting low that impact the crop growth and yield…Since hybrid plants are hungry plants that needs so much of nutrients and water , the yield also declines for want of more mineral nutrients .
The plant is like a factory where lot of bio chemical reactions are happening . These active bio chemical reactions need more mineral elements for synthesis of enzyme and amino acids that are involved in the production of flowers and fruits .When there are no ready made available mineral nutrients , the biochemical reaction slows down and corresponding reduction in flowering and fruits are noticed .
In support of this concept ,let us recall hydroponics .What happens in Hydroponics ?..Ready made mineral nutrients are supplied to the plants continuously to keep up with the speed of bio chemical reactions happening inside the plant system that produce 10 times more yield than open field cultivation .
However native and traditional ( wild ) plants can be grown in organic system , because its growth and development is slow and steady and corresponding nutrients requirement is also low. It keeps consuming mineral nutrients slowly and continuously but in minimum .So the organic matter that is slow in releasing these minerals help support wild plants that yield low .
Further in the prevailing climatic and weather condition , the availability of mineral nutrients from organic matter addition to soil is around 25-40 % only and rest are wasted through leaching and volatilization and fixation in soil .
SOME ADVANTAGES IN ORGANIC CULTIVATION
1.Chemical residue free food that is good for health of people
2.Taste is more better than conventional produce
3.Soil organic content build up slowly for sustainable production ( For this we must maintain atleast 40% soil moisture –Dry soil wont help )
4.Soil fertility increase and soil erosion is prevented
5.Pest and disease incidence is low compared to conventional cultivation
SOME DISADVANTAGE
1.Less yield and suitable for traditional native variety
2.Cost of organic manure is high –Present soil condition needs atleast 25-40 MT of organic manure per acre that too in different forms like green manure, compost, cowdung manure , concentrated oil cake, crop residues etc…
3.No organized market for organic produce .When organic produce sells at higher prices , the majority of consumer prefer to buy cheap produce that are available in lesser price in open and street market.Of course there are some buyers that are ready to pay whatever the price but the number of buyers are less in the market. You can not keep the produce for long since it is highly perishable and can not wait for long .
I have seen most of the farmers in Tamilnadu and Karnataka .The farmers have got bank loan of huge money for protected cultivation in their farm . Until yet they could not repay the loan .They are crying in debt . They could not even tell the real story to the neighbor .Because he earlier boasted too big about his cultivation and big investment and put it in newspaper .Now telling negative is derogatory to him …
Also I have seen lot of organic farmers who were serious and sincere in their concept and working a decade earlier. Last week few of them were telling me to look for buyers for their land
To the best of my knowledge , only the companies that are selling the inputs and infrastructure made money leaving the farmers in utter dismay …

So my advise to the farming community is please follow the cultivation methods that are best fit to your land and geographical location . Adopt best suitable methods that produce highest possible yield that multiply your investment and make you rich …
If you don’t have enough resources and in case your land is located in dry or semi dry area with annual average rainfall less than 600 Milli meter , then better adopt ZBNF that will save your cost and produce something for your efforts and minimum investment…
If you have plenty of water and enough resources , follow hi-tech cultivation and multiply your investment fast using existing market demand

@RAMU sir,
WOW! Your words speak years of analysis and recommend the needy farmers with most profitable advise.

Thanks
Best Regards
Guru

My request and appeal to the forum Moderators to look in to the thread and as, valuable presentations are existing, the name of the present thread may be renamed or separated.

Pl don’t mind my suggestion, if wrong.

With good wishes to the forum and farmers,
…g.p.rao, farmer