Organic Farming Training

Hello,

I am a software professional in Bangalore, Been in USA for long time before moving back to India few months back. I passionate about sustainable living / farming, one of the reasons for moving back to India was farming. I don’t have any previous experience in farming.

I have few questions, It will be of great help if members of this group guide me in the right direction

1. I wanted get some training / knowledge
  2. Are there any short term course available in farming
  3. Can I volunteer in someone farm during weekends (probably the best way to start)

Any other suggestion is also welcome.

Please let me know you thoughts

Thank you
Sunil

1. You can enroll in wwoofindia.org/home.htm. you can get opportunity to work as a trainee farmer.
  2. You can meet Sri. Narayana Reddy, a veteran organic farmer. Srinivasapura, Via Maralenanahalli, Doddaballapur Taluk, Hanabe -561 203, KarnatakaPh.: 080 27601103, Cell: 09343533632, 09367713963

Dear Sunil sir, you can also meet sri N.R.Shetty and /or sri, Shenoy of Sahaja Samrudda, a subsidary of Jaivik krishik society of Karnataka State, which has an office in RT nagar, Bengaluru. They will suggest you and may help you on request.

You can meet good organic farmers at Lalbaugh santhe on week end days, and their help can be taken. I will also ask some organic farmers and intimate you if they agree.

g.p.rao, farmer

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for posting this question Sunil, I will tag along on your question. I am in same boat as Sunil, looking for training in and around Hyderabad.

Please let me know if I there are any options.

Thanks,
Anand

You can also contact the horticulture department on bannerghatta road, bangalore near hulimavu, next to meenakshi temple where they give 4-5 days training on organic farming apart from a variety of others too.

Last week I was able to meet Mr.Narayana Reddy in doddaballapur, He was very down to earth person.

Thank you

Dear Sunil sir, You can also meet sri N.R.Shetty, director of Sahajasamrudda of karnataka state, who is living in his land which is near Nelamangala, even without a power supply and without a bore well even,of course at the age 65 plus. his contact 080-26612315 and 9986453324. one of the dedicted farmer of organic farming.

you can also meet Sri Krishna prasad, Project coordinator of jaivik and a dedicated organic farmer. You can get his farm address from above office. You can also meet Sri Shivanapura Ramesh,trustee of jaivik and his farm is in devenahalli, Rani circle, contact nos 8970779999.

On meeting them and seing their farms ,I beleive you will get good feel and you can get help from them for good marketing routes also.

all the best, g.p.rao, farmer

Dear G.P. Rao Sir, First I must thank you :slight_smile: for providing so much information. Sure i will meet Mr N.R Shetty this coming weekend.

Thank You