New Farming Suggestions

Dear Seniors,

I am beginner to Farming. I have 2 acre land in chikmaglur, karnataka. My father is a farmer and he did not provide any education or information about farming, as he was disappointed with with farming due to continuous loss. I am an IT Engineer working in Bangalore and I want to start farming from the scratch and want to take it as a part time job, later I will decide to do it full time, once it is profitable. Request your suggestions for a Beginner in Farming.

Hi Pradeep
Please give your whats App no so that I can communicate with you on farming at chikmaglur
Mine is 9999337156
Thanks & Regards
Rakesh

Go for long term crops like mango, tamarind, coconut etc as these will have minimal expenses after few years.

1 Like

Dear Pradeep,
Nice to note your keen interest to do farming. You may contact me for natural farming . My Mobile no. is 9392444251

“One size fits all “ does not applies in new generation farming practices .
Our family elders had done massive damage to our farmlands by following instructions of people who never soiled their hands themselves known as agro scientists , experts , researchers etc and preferred to work from air conditioned cubicles rather than field .

We can not blame our family elders as they were simple people , less literate and almost ignorant about big data / info etc.

New generation farming are based on BIG DATA !
Being an IT professional I guess you know what is BIG DATA explosion is all about !?

Farming is daunting industry in the past and will remain same in the future .
It’s easy to romanticise the idea of having a farm and living off the land.
Having some dirt under your fingernails and feeling the physical realities of farm work can help you decide if you are well suited to farming.
One of the key things to remember is farming is not a career or a job or business .

It’s a way of life !
One of guiding philosophies of a successful new generation farming is to promote health for all .– nature ,animal and human community !

Just imagine about hunter-gatherers of “Fertile Crescent” era( 10000 BC ) who had traveled to the area in search of food, began to harvest (gather) wild grains they found growing there.
They scattered spare grains on the ground to grow more food and began farming .

Walk alone in your farm journey , learn about top soil and underground soil , weed , pests and plants through trial and error .
Chalk out your own farming model and earn fairly not ransom !

5 Likes

Thanks Sir…for this appropriate write up…am 100% agreed with you

What a warm welcome - if poultry is going to be part of your operation feel free to browse the resources here - we have some horticulture articles and resources coming soon:

https://thebigbookproject.org/kb/

Hello Friend,
Nice to read that.I am also planning to go for a similar field but i am retired person and have been gathering details from here and there.You have to ask few questions to self …will it be your only source of Income.If yes do you have some reserve amount to sustain for at least three years (Safety to take care of uncertainties, climate change,risks coverage associated with life style and challenges change, learning of new knowledge techniques and skills).
Coming to the actual project you may allocate one acre for natural farming and another acre for experimentation.special farming etc.i have learnt that one acre land when cultivated using natural farming techniques (Multilayered) can yield out put suitable to manage one family of four you need not to buy any thing from market except salt.But you have to really get trained and learn by doing…There is another option of market model of “Miyawaki forest” you may work out .It wil need care for two to three years but later on it will become passive earner.In Banglore many “Miyawaki Forest” have been placed by NGO “Say Trees” there are business models for the same.

1 Like

Thank you Arvind for your feedbac, I will look into it. Sorry for delay response.
I am currently working in Dubai and thinking of choosing farming as my career for the later stage of my life.

are you started is there any job

I am employed in Dubai and will be visiting India every quarter. once in 3 months. I am planning implement silver and teak wood trees first. Later, I would research according to the climate and soil .and implement the appropriate farming.

Go for long-term plantation ie lemon or mango trees in 2acre and try other
Crops such as cotton or pigeon pea and cultivate it as per intensive farming.
And do poultry. If want any suggestions we too have organic farming.
WhatsApp:8975079189

Namaste Pradeep,

I offer site consultation, design and implementation services based on ethics and principles of permaculture, natural farming and holistic integrated living. I am based near Hosur, but offer these services pan-India.

Message me if you need any further support.

Warm regards

Janki

2 Likes

Hi Janki,

I am planning to start on agriculture with a small piece of land which is less than 1 acre. So, could you please advise the methods and techniques to adopt suitable as per soil.

Also, please let us know the consultation fee for support.

Regards,

Pavan

Hi Pavan,
Where is your farm and where are you based?
Please give me some background info of yourself, the land and what you expect from the land.
Have you already bought the land?
My consultation fees are minimal but also dependent on the need of the land, my time commitment etc.
You may message me here or whatsapp 9740056163.
Regards
Janki

Dear sir/Madam

I have sent WhatsApp message, please check and let me know if you need any other details.

Regards,

Pavan

Hi Rakesh, Can you add my no. also 9916617575 to the whatsApp group as I have farm in Tarikere Taluk.

In IT you learn new technology by sitting in front of computer studying,coding and practicing the new language long hours. Even in farming you need to get your hands dirty to know,learn and be successful.Farming if considered as part time job, you will reap small results and not full. Plants should be treated like small children and taken care day in day out. Do not think of profits initially, plan judiciously and execute, money will come automatically. Read books and watch Youtube videos on natural farming, understand what/when to sow,where to cut cost and how to market your produce. Ups and Downs are bound to happen but learn from failures and plan your next step.

umesh khanna organic farm input and organic biodynamic consultancy firm.
would like to join group,mob no -9821095195

Hi Pradeep,

I m also in Dubai and work here. Please contact @508614310 to discuss farming

Tushar