New Dairy farm in Gujarat

Hello All,

I need some information about Gir and kankrej cow for starting new dairy farm. We are planning to start up with 10 Gir cow and upto 100+ near about 3 years. For that, I need below detail for both breed.

Cow Breed Name and Type:
Weight:
Avg. Life:
About Gestation Period:
Avg. Price:
Milk (Ltr/day):
Fat in 1 Ltr Milk:
Dung (KG/day):
Urine (Ltr/day):
Food Intake type name(KG/day):
Dry:
Green:
Concentrate Cake:

If you have information about any other breed which gives best quality in Milk, Dung and urine, You can also share here with me.

Your valuable suggestion always acceptable. Kindly mail me on kashyaptrust@gmail.com

Regards,

Kalpesh Patel

Hello,
Is Gir cow better than HF cow?

Where you are starting it ?

Devang Dani

i am planning to start in Odisha.

Cow Breed Name :  Gir
Weight: approx 500 kgs
Avg. Life: 15 to 20 years
About Gestation Period: first pregnecy at 24 to 36 months
Avg. Price: 40,000 to 65000 depending on the age  and lactation ( 1st , 2nd , 3rd etc.)
Milk (Ltr/day): 10 to 25 ltrs
Fat in 1 Ltr Milk:  upto 7%
Dung (KG/day): depends on weight of the cow and the quality of the feed you give
Urine (Ltr/day):depends on weight of the cow and the quality  water and at what temperature you are keeping them.
Food Intake type name(KG/day):
Dry:
Green:
Concentrate Cake:

Dear Kalpesh Patel,

You are very near to Gujarat why cannot you make a trip for 4/5 days to know more about the above details.  These details change based on the source of the cow you are selecting, the feeding pattern by the earlier owner, the conditions in which the cow lived, lactation cycle etc.

If you are planing big then spend some quality time with few dairies around you which are matching your dream.

Hello Krishna

Kindly share information about feeding cost per day ?

Dear

Pl note as follows;

Feeding cost depends on

1. the breed of cow.
  2. the weight of the cow.
  3. the age and health of cow.
  4. the type of food you are having like green, dry grains etc
  5. whether all the food is produced in your own or purchasing from the market.
  6. labour involved, the wages/salary of labour you are paying.
  7. feed chapper type and running cost.

Many of the above have to be considered based on your area and demand for those.

Please meet few farmers in your area.  You will get theoretical knowledge here which will help only 5% in the field, 95%knowledge to be earned or learned by visiting farmers and doing yourself.