New Dairy Farm - barn designs, water requirement and hard water suitability

hi,

I am a software developer and planning to start a dairy farm with 10 cows in Rewari Haryana.

I need some good Barn designs and some information regarding water requirement for each cow per day.
Also we have hard water on our land so are a bit worried.

Can anyone please guide me here.

Best Regards,
Vishan

Dear Vishan,

Do you mean to say, you quit your job and start dairy? or you want to manage it with paid men.
If your presence is not there for 4 -5 hrs a day(no holidays) then go ahead. If you think dairy can be managed remotly with paid men it just a DISASTER (unless you are very lucky to have deidicated men).

You need 100Lts for each animal/day. to comment on water quality is difficult unless you get it tested.

You need atleast 2 acres of land to cultivate green fodder. THIS PART IS CRITICAL. You need to cultivate fodder 45-60 earlier you buy animals. When you get animals you should cut grass and feed animals. You can cultivate Napier CO4, Guine Grass,Rhodes Grass. Maize Sorghum.
You need 45Kg/day/animal Green grass (assuming that you will buy HF or Jersey animals)

You need milking machine.

I will post drawings of barn design by next week in the thread already existing.

Hi Sri,

Thanks for your response. I am working as a freelancer so I can spend some time on farm not an issue for me. Regarding green fodder Jowar is available here in my area which is cultivated on my own land.

Only issue I am facing is with Water quality am not sure about that. I will get it tested and post the report here next week.

Again thanks for your response and am looking forward to Barn designs :slight_smile:.

Regards,
Vishan

i would suggest you be careful when using water… make sure you use quality water as water might contain
Pathogens: Bacteria, Protozoa, Viruses
An assortment of microbial pathogens can be transmitted to domesticated animals from drinking water sources polluted by a wide combination of causative elements. The danger of sullying is most prominent in surface waters (dams, lakes, holes, and so on) that are specifically
available by stock, or, that get spillover or waste from serious domesticated animals operations or human waste.
Verifiable, the rate of groundwater tainting by pathogens, especially profound wells, has for the most part been thought to be low. In any case, as of late, rural exercises concentrated on huge escalated dairy farming. animals animals operations made limited natural conditions where the likelihood of organic tainting of ground water has turned into a noteworthy concern. Specifically, shallow groundwater supplies in sandy soils are at high danger of being tainted. Ineffectively fixed and found wells too are in charge of a vast rate of tainted aquifers. The pathogens of most prominent worry in water supplies for homestead creatures incorporate eccentric microbes, for example, E. coli, Salmonella and Campylobacter jejuni. Other bacterial infections known not animals that may be transmitted through water supplies incorporate Leptospira, Burkholderia (Pseudomonas) pseudomallei, and Clostridium botulinum.
Water supplies have been embroiled in contaminations, for example, Newcastle Disease and Irresistible Bursitis in poultry. Thus, various genuine pathogenic conditions in homestead creatures brought on by microscopic organisms and infections can be transmitted by means of
sullied water sources.Prominently, a vital (and presumably in all probability), reason for natural pollution of water sources is connected with the creature business itself. For example, in the circumstance of escalated animals operation, the danger of water source tainting with
creature waste may be high. One approach to evaluate water quality for microbial sullying with pathogens of creature source is to quantify quantities of microscopic organisms that are likely connected with creature waste. For this reason, records, for example, water checks of coliform microorganisms or E.coli are most generally utilized, in light of the fact that these sorts of microorganisms are basic in creature dung. Extreme vicinity of these microscopic organisms in drinking water shows poor cleanliness. Vicinity of E.coli in drinking water for human utilization more often than not triggers quick authoritative activity. In any case, strict resilience values for domesticated animals have not been explored. In many purview, it is for the most part suggested that drinking water for domesticated animals ought to contain under 100 coliforms/100 mL. the microscopic organisms levels in groundwater give off an impression of being for the most part low, however such information must be deciphered mindfully. A low number at the source level does not imply that there is no issue. Late studies propose that bacterial
The measure of microbes in surface water relies on upon the quantity of animals and natural life in the region of the hole and the wellspring of the water. Holes in country regions that are not defiled more often than not have E.coli checks of 20 to 100 for each 100 mL, with natural life being the overwhelming source. With direct watering of dairy cattle, these checks may increment to more prominent than 10,000 tallies for each 100 mL for great cases. Of specific significance is the danger of tainting with a particular pathogen E. coli
O157. These microscopic organisms have been distinguished in cows water sources, including lakes, free-streaming water, for example, streams, and water tanks