Need help for Curry Leaf & Lemon Tea Grass seeds/plants

hey people!

can anyone help me with what and where to get the seeds / plants for Curry leaf plant and lemon tea grass for commercial growing?

Vivek

Curry leaf saplings available in the nurseries of Horticuture department or Krishi vignan kendra. CIMAP Bangalore / GKVK Bangalore provide cuttings of lemon grass for cultivation. You can also get from near by growers. Aroma oil dealers know the areas where the grass is being grown.

Hi,
Can we go for a HD plantation of curry leaves ? Is there a good market for it ? Do they buy fresh leaves or dry ?

Just a word of caution - Lemon Grass is highly invasive and quite difficult to get rid off. My plantation was filled with this demonic grass and I finally had to use weedicides to kill them after all other techniques failed. I spent almost 50-60K on getting rid of this grass. It used to grow 5-6 ft every monsoon and make it impossible to move around.

thanks a lot for the info Mr.Durva.

i have seen a lot of lemon grass and curry leaf come to mumbai market from Hydrabad. the buyers like the quality. so i am very interested in finding the variety and the source.

thanks Mr.Ak,

why did u remove it? no good market ?

hey Ajitha,
i am sure there must be buyers for both.

I couldn’t locate any buyers near my farm. I an a non-resident owner and hence it’s difficult for me to look for buyers in other cities and follow up.

Thank you Sir for Your Rquirements,

We can supply the Quality seedlings curry leaves in the Month of May to July on first come first served Basis.
The seed can be planted in wet Fruit Form. It will now germinate when it dried. We are getting these seed
from Vijayawada/Guntur/Coimbatore in Bulk quantity and raising seedlings in our Nursery… The Germination
of seed is only < 50% .Hence it is not advisable to get the seed to such a Long distance to Nasik.

If you want you can reserve for seedlings in our Farm in Hyderabad.

MANNE.SN,
for Vasudha Green Farm,
vasudhagreenfarm@gmail.com,
Hyderabad.

hi MR VIKS I AM SURPRISED TO SEE ANOTHER AK IN THIS FORUM. THERE ARE ARE 2 TYPES OF CURRY LEAVES . —GREENTYPE AND RED TYPE. I HAD HEARD OF THE AVAILABILITY OF SEEDS IN TAMILNADU. IF YOU INFORM ABT THE VARIETY REQUIRED AND THE QTY , I WILL MAKE ENQUIRIES HERE. OK BYE
HI MR AK 1311 . NICE TO KNOW THAT ANOTHER AK IS IN THIS FORUM. GREETINGS TO YOU

Thank you Sir,

We are aware of the Green Curry Leaves. We are not aware of the Red Curry leaves.
Can you Provide us 1Kg. of seed. Before that kindly Provide IMAGES of the red curry leaves.

MANNE.SN,
Vasudha Green Farms,
forVasudha Green Farms,
vasudhagreenfarms@gmail.com,

hi vasudha farms
i am not doing curryleaf cultivation. anyhow iwill try to get pictures and find source of seeds.

hey Mr.Ak,
hehe… yeah… i was also wondering if the other gentleman with the nick AK was you :stuck_out_tongue:

i am totally new to this, so i do not know the variety for commercial farming.

and red curry leaves? awesome! thanks for updating me!

i will try and find the variety. quantity i do not know myself (depends on spacing etc) but plantation is to be done for 3 acres.

hope this little helps you identify and guide me.

thanks a lot,

Vivek

Dear Mr.Manne,

how young are the ready plants you have? and how tall are they, and the stem thickness?
and you said may to june, is that the best time to plant them?

can you give me an idea about the price (x-farm) also?

as you already have a good hold on this, can you tell about the plant, what climate it likes, pests and disease etc? just a bit, so i can get an idea.

Thanks,
Vivek

Thank you Sir Mr. Vivek Sab for your Interest on our Service.
Presently we don’t have any Plants in our Farm.
However 35 Plants are reserved for One of our Client
in Hyderabad. Because the Power supply has been delayed,
we are keeping those Plants in our Farm.He will lift those
seedlings by the end of December 2013.

We are making these Nursery during February/March which is
the Fruit Harvesting season of Curry leaves Plants. During
February / March only we will Plant our Nursery.Those will be
ready for Plantation during June/August.

For Curry leaves Plantations younger Seedlings are better.
The seedlings we are supplying are 9" to 12" in the Month
of June July. Almost all the seedlings are exhausted in the
Month of July itself, because we are supplying quality
seedlings only with Organic method of Farming.

Kindly Mail your Requirements so as to enable us to Plan
for making Nursery taking your requirement too. Don’t
hesitate to Contact us on 09133498366 or by sending a
Mail to vasudhagreenfarms@gmail.com

MANNE.SN,
Vasudha Green Farms,
forVasudha Green Farms,

Dear Mr.Manne,
i love being called as Vivek.

i will definitely mail you for details and price negotiations once i get a picture :slight_smile:

can you plz guide me for below details -

1. age, height, stem thickness of recommended plants
  2. price (x farm)
  3. when can i start harvesting the leaves?
  4. pests and diseases for the crop
  5. can i get organic certified seeds from you?

details would be very helpful.

Vivek

Thank you Sir Mr. Viveksab for for your Interest on our Farm Products.!

The Sowing of curry leaf seed will take Place in the Month of January/February then the
Age of seedlings will be 5/6 Months by June/July. The length of Plnts will be (" to 12" which
younger Plants are the Ideal for Plantation.

HELLO MR. VIKS & MANNE
i have got the phone number of a grower who cultivates red curryleaf. i could not get the photos. but the petiole and the leaves will be slightly reddish. the grower is from mettupalayam tamilnadu. His number is 9842247261. name is mr jayaraman. you can get all other info. from him. but first of all do some market survey for finding out the suitability of this red type for your area.
good luck

Thank you Sir,

Thank s a lot for your valuable inforation.
MANNE.SN,
Vasudha Green Farms,
Hyderabad.

thanks a lot for the details Mr.Ak,

and i would love to try out the red variety. and yes, the suitability in terms on climate will have to be checked.

but a small trial, i would want to start immediately.

thanks again for the contact details of the grower.

Vivek