Native Seeds to grow forest

Hello,

Please let me know where can i source native tree seeds to develop my land and empty lands near my village around the kulam into a forest. Source can be either in Chennai or Tirunelveli. Better if I can get it around Tirunelveli.

Regards,
Selvan

Dear Sri Selvam,

Most welcome to our Forum.

Contact Tamilnadu state Government , Forest Department , either in chennai or Tirunalveli. In every District of all state Governments, Forest Department will exists.
They will issue either seeds or Seedlings of social Forestry recommended varieties, ie, native trees. either free or for cost. Generally cost will be at lower side.

The private Nurseries also sell seeds and/or seedlings of social forestry varieties, native tree seedlings. Generally Cost will be on higher side.

Some farmers also collect the native tree seeds and they sell at lower prices. In markets also, shop keepers sell seeds of some native tree varieties. Enquire in local markets and in season they will be available. Please enquire local nearby farmers.

With best wishes, g.p.rao, farmer

Thank you sir for the prompy reply. I will check with the forest department. Thanks Again.

Regards,
Selvan

I went to Forest Department and TNAU in Tirunelveli to look for seeds of native plants. In both they are discouraging me to start with seeds, instead giving me contacts of private nurseries to buy saplings.

I have a backyard at my house where i can grow seeds into saplings and then start planting them.Does anybody here know where can i get seeds in and around Tirunelveli.

Regards,
Selvan