Names of Perennial Flowering Trees

I have an acre in Badlapur (Thane), Maharashtra where I grow mangoes, jackfruits, Chickko, Lichi, Sapota, Papaya, Coconut etc. the plants are just two year old. Can someone suggest names of perennially flowering trees which I grow in farm. My purpose: There be some kind of flowers every month. I have identified plants like Purple Bahunia, Parijat, Champa etc. I also hope the flowering trees are benign to my fruit trees. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I’m also looking to building a community of like -minded farmers who would like to share experiences, share seeds etc. :slight_smile:Do check out my blog. sundayfarmer.wordpress.com

Hello Hiren. I too have a farm land in Badlapur East near Barvi. This yr I have planted many tree varieties flowering, for shade and wind break like Jarul, Jacaranda, Bahava, Sonchafa, Chafa, Silver Oak, Indian Cork, Kadamba, Acacia…The trees were abt 2 yrs old when purchased, I believe I will have to take care for this yr before they are independant by next monsoon.

Welcome to the forum Hiren. I have been following your blog for some time now. Great to see you here.
Regards,
Yaj.

Nerium indicum, Vitex negundo, vasaka(perennial shrubs preferable for hedge),
Cassia fistula, Thespesia populnea, Bael(Aegle marmelos), Neem(Azadirachta indica), Tabebuia argentea(Golden trumphet), Gmelina arborea are good trees to plant in rows with a spacing of 20 feet.
Lagerstroemia speciosa (Banaba) is attractive flowering tree called pride of india, the leaves are used for diabetes.

Calophyllum inophyllum is producing very beautiful shining leaves, flowers also beautiful, fruit bunches look very nice. The seed oil is of cosmetic use.

Manilkara hexandra is a close relative of sapota tree, the foliage is evergreen, , shiny, flowers are giving pleasant odour, birds like the fruits. It is also a holy tree.

varun tree (Crataeva magna) is nice tree, while flowering the whole tree filled with flower, fruits are ball like. The bark of the tree is used for curing kidney stones and other urinary infection.
Dr.P.Santhan
Senior botanist
9620389349, 9444813474
santhan@naturalremedy.com
santhan_herbal@yahoo.co.in

Thank you for this list of flowering plants and trees. I will try to get these planted. I planted the following on my farm so far.

Spathodea
Tabebuia rosea
Peltophorum
Delonix Regia (Gulmohar)
Neolamarckia cadamba (kadamba)
Rain tree
Calophyllum inophyllum
Millingtonia hortensis
Coconut trees

Srinivas
natfarm13.blogspot.in

Hi,

You all can check out this excellent link too [url=http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/tree.html]http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/tree.html[/url]

Shall we have Commercial value for these Flower Plants, Spathodea,Tabebuia rosea,Peltophorum,Delonix Regia (Gulmohar),Neolamarckia ,adamba (kadamba),Rain tree,Calophyllum inophyllum,Millingtonia hortensis ,Coconut trees.KIndly inform us the Income per Acre Per Annum on the above Crops.for Growing in our Farm and also inform about the Income and Procedure for Farming and also inform us when you are Coming.MANNE.SN,B.Com.,LLB,
for Vasudha Green Farms,

Its good to have ornamental trees around our home…perennial trees like sapota,jackfruit,avocado,mangosteen,ashoka,karbir,rukh kamal,pitambar, kadamb can be planted

These are purely avenue trees with no commercial value as far as I know. I planted these fast growing trees at the perimeter (12ft inside) and some along the road I am working on right now.

HI Hiren & Mihir, pls give your contact number, i m nilesh potdar from thane.

or pls reply me 9757342636 Nilesh