My own food – an organic rice cultivation

MY OWN FOOD – AN ORGANIC RICE CULTIVATION

Paddy cultivation in purely neo organic cultural practices with complete protection against pest and disease
Bio –priming – Treated with Trichoderma viride .After soaking paddy seeds overnight , the next day morning the soaked seeds were treated with tirchoderma viride and kept for 24 hours . The hydrophilic seeds get colonized by the T.Viride that fast produced mycelium and the hypae penetrated the paddy seeds coat . The well established fungus mycelium not only gives complete protection but also enhanced germination and fast and healthy growth of seedlings …The paddy nursery has been already applied azosprillum …
The T.Viride besides giving protection against disease causing pathogen also produced Giberralic acid that is a growth promoting organic acid secreted by fungal hypae …
The Azospirrillum bacteria is a intracellular bacteria that lives in the internal tissue of paddy seedlings produce nitrogen that made paddy seedlings looks green always …
But I wanted to induce more roots that needs phosphorus and calcium that was very poor in red lateritic soil with poor water and nutrients …Of course we applied Bacillus subtilis that is phosphorus solubulising bacteria ( PSB ) …but it has nothing to do with red lateritic soil whose Electrical conductivity ( Cation exchange capacity ) and NPK content is badly poor …
So I used Sanjivini and growphos ,a purely plant based herbal organic NPK formulations …This all combined produced perfect healthy disease free organic paddy seedlings …
However to supplement natural production of bio nutrients , I sprayed panchagavya 3% and cow urine solution ( cow urine : water ration 1:8 ) …
Now heading towards main field cultivation of paddy with neo organic techniques like soil breeding , cowbased inputs and herbal based plant nutrients …
The Aim is not just to produce organic rice but mainly to produce rice that taste good with rich amino acids and vitamins that keeps human health really good and perfect …

Great, keep us posted how it goes!

Thanks.
Eagerly waiting for the next post.
regards,
r seshaadri
tumkur

My organic paddy nursery is ready now…Usually people use 28 to 31 days old paddy seedlings where as I am using 18 days old seedlings by cutting short 10 days …It is an organic SRI rice planting method …

Suddenly stem borer and leaf folder insect pest damaged my nursery ,I too immediate recourse to chilli ginger garlic extract spray, cow urine spray and to recover from biotic stress due to these insect pest attack I applied oil cake ( ground nut+ castor+ Neem cake ) …Just recovered and ready for planting …

I am reducing nursery age by 10 days because by planting young seedlings we can increase the vegetative period ( here it is called tillering period ) before flowering …

So short duration nursery can increase productive tiller count by 20% more …If we get 15 productive tillers ( total tillers might be 28 to 35 ) here I can get 18 productive tillers per hill…I am following 22.5 by 22.5 cm spacing either side instead of 25 cm spacing either side …because sandy soil will have some limitations …

After treating paddy seedlings in Azospirillum solution only I plant seedlings in the main field …

we just planted 18 days old paddy seedlings in Organic SRI cultivation method …with 22.5 cms spacing on either side …seedlings treated with azospirillum before planting …completely organic for personal consumption …

Just 10 days old organic paddy in main field eating only organic food till date and also in future …

We did first weeding at 15 th DAT …3 more weeding at weekly interval for organic SRI cultivation …After weeding organic liquid manure and organic pesticide was applied…Paddy is responding well here inspite of adverse weather and soil condition …

35 days old organic paddy being cultivated in semi dry climate

Poor water holding capacity of the soil that is red lateritic

Now prevailing temperature is 36 degree celsius day high and 24 degree celsius night minimum , 15 Km/ H wind speed ,Relative humidity 37% day and 90% night …

Watering is done every two days once …but organic paddy keeps growing …

Very good tillering ( more side shoots ) and jubilant growth even in harsh weather with inadequate nutrients …This is real SRI paddy cultivation in organic method…

wow

70 days old organic paddy …