Medicine plant - cultivation and marketing details needed

Hello,

Can someone please guide me about the marketing of Medicine plant in India?

Also please guide me about the following details for Medicine plant cultivation:

• Expenditure for planting 1 hectare
  • Labour management
  • Govt subsidy
  • Time to grow
  • Breakeven point
  • Profit

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Siddhartha.

Dear Siddhartha
Your query lacks depth since you do not know the plant which you are referring to whose price etc details you want to know.
rcdixit

Dear Siddhartha you can grow any crop (Tulasi, makoy, lemongrass, palmarosa, Coleus, Ashwagandha (Only black soil.) Nir brahmi, Brahmi(Centella asiatica), Bhumiamla, Kalmegh etc.These annual crops you have to spend 50 000 per hectare. you will get 1.5 - 2 lakhs. Some are seasonal. with in 6 months you will get the crop. remaining 6 months you can grow alternate crop. Bank loan you can avail. Subsidy is eye wash only. You cannot get that much easily from the government. Even if you get it, it is only 20% of you expenses. Which is a lesser amount . You need to spend your precious time to get it. Several conditions are there to get it. Nowadays You need to produce the cultivation certificate from the village accountant to transport and sell your produce to the buyer. You need to produce 1 ton or more quantity dry product to sell in the market. bangalore, Hydrabad, Mumbai are the better market places to sell the medicinal herbs.You should knoe atleast 3 buyers and price before selling your produce. For further details contact me santhan_herbal@yahoo.co.in, 9620389349/9444813474[quote=victorkar]
Hello,

Can someone please guide me about the marketing of Medicine plant in India?

Also please guide me about the following details for Medicine plant cultivation:

• Expenditure for planting 1 hectare
  • Labour management
  • Govt subsidy
  • Time to grow
  • Breakeven point
  • Profit

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Siddhartha.
[/quote]

Dear Mr Durva(sanathanam)
I disagree with your shallow & casual approach.You have given a very hazy picture of medicinal plants cultivation with no scientific selection of plants to be grown,test of soil etc.As per you only black soil is usable and no other soil.Cost of herbal crops depends on specific variety of crop.The tulsi happens to be cheapest followed by Ashwagandha and then other herbal crops.Accordingly sale price and incomes from them differ.Subsidy is substantial for some crops e.g. gloriosa superba,sarpagandha,guggul etc.The same is provided by horticulture department of state working for those crops under NMPB directions.The quantum of subsidy differs from state to state for different crops.Some crops take 1year to 1.5years e.g. sarpagandha,glycrrizha galbera(mulathi).There is no certificate required from any revenue authority till the crops is from endangered variety e,g, Guggul,gloriosa superba etc.Please do not give a shallow and casual reply to medicinal crops cultivation.It is a serious business and misguided persons waste their time and money for no rhyme or reason. There are people who grew herbal crops which could not sell due to misleading and shallow informations.Pl do not feel bad if you feel I have transgressed your arena.
rcdixit

we are daily dealing tons and tons of raw materials. We are meeting so many growers and traders. We know the practical problems a grower facing daily. Based on these facts I am posting the details. We are cultivating more than ten crops through out india. There are so practical difficulties which we need to sort out with respect to medicinal plants.[quote=rcdixit]
Dear Mr Durva(sanathanam)
I disagree with your shallow & casual approach.You have given a very hazy picture of medicinal plants cultivation with no scientific selection of plants to be grown,test of soil etc.As per you only black soil is usable and no other soil.Cost of herbal crops depends on specific variety of crop.The tulsi happens to be cheapest followed by Ashwagandha and then other herbal crops.Accordingly sale price and incomes from them differ.Subsidy is substantial for some crops e.g. gloriosa superba,sarpagandha,guggul etc.The same is provided by horticulture department of state working for those crops under NMPB directions.The quantum of subsidy differs from state to state for different crops.Some crops take 1year to 1.5years e.g. sarpagandha,glycrrizha galbera(mulathi).There is no certificate required from any revenue authority till the crops is from endangered variety e,g, Guggul,gloriosa superba etc.Please do not give a shallow and casual reply to medicinal crops cultivation.It is a serious business and misguided persons waste their time and money for no rhyme or reason. There are people who grew herbal crops which could not sell due to misleading and shallow informations.Pl do not feel bad if you feel I have transgressed your arena.
rcdixit
[/quote]

Your reply indicates your true work culture.Dear sir,cultivation is not to grow anything any time.It is to grow specific crops keeping in view type of soil,climate,market needs and various other pertinent factors.If I work as per your advise,I should grow anything at any time without keeping in view specific medicinal plant’s quality parameters,market demand,season for cultivation,type of soil and waste my efforts since there is no buyer.Surprisingly should I say “Are you a solution or a problem yourself”.There is no need to be high headed and argue like high school debater to prove your valid or invalid point.Please be discreet and do justice to many readers who seek true and rational guidance with all sincerity.They are not being charged for that,as far as Medicinal Plants Research & Propagation Society is concerned.
rcdixit

A reminder to get the discussion on track: please avoid all personal attacks and discuss on the topic.

Dear Mr Chandra
In case some one is in total disarray and moving in divergent direction to mislead readers (who may practically go for cultivation of any crop),what should be the alternative?Now Mr Durva is advising to cultivate any thing;In addition he is saying ‘we deal in tonnes per day’, is it appropriate and advisory approach?I wish he deals in thousands of metric tonnes.If you feel matter should be left as such, so that readers are left in disarray,I will not write any thing even if some one is moving in divergent direction.I will also cancel my previous communication to Mr Durva with apologies.Pl advise.
rcdixit
[/quote]

Dear Mr. rcdixit,

Please feel free to attack the point of view and the issue as much as you feel like and until we arrive at the best solution.

The problem is when the topic refers to anyone’s expertise, experience, attitude, discussion style, culture etc. where it becomes a little personal and may end up hurting feelings.

As a seasoned and knowledgeable member, we look to you to carry everyone along and benefit the whole community in the process. I am sure you will agree with me.

Thanks for your understanding and your continued contributions.

Chandra

Dear Mr Chandra
Thanks a lot.You can uphold righteous person’s integrity intact.My mission is to make Farmnest as one unique site where from readers can get true and honest guidance towards their endeavours in farming.There are many agriculture related sites which are sold at the hands of wrong fly by night operators who ditch their readers day in and day out.False advertisements,misleading informations etc remain such sites share whereas we find Farmnest honest and not sold to crooks and thugs.Mr Chandra,I will act as per your advise and once again wish to convey my thanks for your valuable suggestions.
Regards
rcdixit