Mango farming advice

Hello everyone, I am interested in farming from my childhood. I bought a mango farm recently in AP, I am interested in organic farming techniques. My farm have mixed variety of fruit plantation. I am still learning and reading lot off stuff. Fortunately I found this website and it’s very helpful. I read about Miyazaki mango variety i want to understand the climate and soil where it grows I read a farmer in AP got 15 plants in his farm and couple of them started fruiting any insights on this will be encouraging

Dear Sri VK Surepalli sir,
welcome to our Farmnest Forum. Lot of Knowledgeable farmers, Qualified Seniors and experts are here and certainly, you will be pathed in a Right Direction.
Sincerely i advise you to give full details of your land area, weather, Water Facility available and its quality along with soil details, plant varieties, distance between, which makes them to give a correct advice.
wish you all the best.
g.p.rao, farmer

Miyazaki is all about it’s color and hungama, much ado about nothing. Do you really think mangoes grow in japan and do you think the developers of that variety had tasted real mangoes of India ? If a stupid tasteless variety like Miyazaki is selling for 1 lakh a piece then the least sweetest variety of india should sell for 2 lakh rupees a piece.

I am not bothered about how it tastes but you should know Mangoes are grown in other parts of the world. I am looking at commercial viability and amount spent to get that crop and challenges to grow. By the way Japan grows Mangoes like how we started growing Dragon Fruit

A wise person will bother about the taste above all other aspects, we are talking about mango, not some bitter medicinal fruit. I know mangoes are grown in other parts of the world, but they taste like mediocore papaya and this is the exact reason why indian mangoes are preferred than other country mangoes.

Miyazaki can surely be grown in India.However you will have to market and package it well to get the price.

1 Like