Inter cropping in teak wood plantation. which crops suits well to plant in Teak

Dear Dr Ramu sir and other forum farming experts, incl Dr Bala Krishna sir,

In Teak wood plantation spaced 12 ft x 12 ft, which inter crops do well. soil is red , with good water facility, ph is around 6.9 and EC of water is 0.5

Plants are 95 days old, with 5 ft above height and leaf size of 2 sq ft.

presently Chrysanthemum plantation is existing as an intercrop and it will be for a period of 10 months. After this , to go for permanent inter crop, which crops are advised to go as inter crop.

Any shade required plants and or any other may please be advised.

In and outs of inter cropping in Teak wood plantation, with which I and some of our forum farmer friends will be benefited.

with best wishes in advance for the help, g.p.rao, farmer

Dear Sirs,

I once again request you to suggest me regarding inter cropping with some crops ,suitable in Teak wood plantation.

With best wishes, g.p.rao, farmer

Rao garu, Pepper wines can be trained on to it once the bole is clear at least till 12 feet height which could take apprx 3-4 years post planting Teak, till such time crops like Ginger, Garlic, Banana and papaya can be inter cropped…To further intensify a third layer like yam can be planted.

My 2 cents!!

G.P. Rao Sir
The suggestion given by S14580 is good but keep all the time in consideration that we required soil fertilization all the time if soil is fertile you can for any inter crop. in my view you can go for any pumpkin crop that make your soil cool and fix nitrogen in soil. that will help to grow teak wood plants.

Thank you sri s14580 and Mr Azhar 2345,

Thank you sirs for your suggestions.

With best wishes, g.p.rao, farmer