Insect eating/(scars) the Banana leaves (image attached)

I also found same last year that after larvas were destroyed, the insects appeared again,
on esquiring further, i found that there was one small leaf what was still infected with larva and i also found marks that suggested larvas develpoed in that leaf, so i wguess what happened was that leaf escaped the treatment and insects spread…

but again simple neem oil worked. also u can try using ginger/garlic.turmeric paste(extracts) with neem oil its dangerously effective

:slight_smile:

Very happy Deepawali :slight_smile:

Hey Samarth,

Can you give ratios and preparation method of the ginger/garlic.turmeric paste(extracts) with neem oil solution.

Regards

Hi Samarth,

I see 4-5 worms every week or so… I hand pick and destroy them.

Regards,
agri_lover

Hi
my apologies for late reply, I was travelling a lot so hardly found time to reply, hear is the solution

Ginger garlic extract A

About 4 gm of ginger and garlic each, 3 gm of green chilli and 5 (even 3 is good enf) litres of cow’s urine and water are taken. The garlic, ginger and green chilli are ground into a paste and mixed with cow’s urine and water. After 10 days the mixture is filtered and used. The prescribed quantity is about 500 ml of this solution diluted in 10 litres of water which can be sprayed over the plants.

did you tried? how are the results?

Hi Samarth,

No I couldnt try it… The handpicking & cow urine & neem solution is what I am following. I shall try the ginger extract solution sometime in future and post my findings.

Regards,
agri_lover

Mr. samarth jain is telling 100% correct suggestion. t
Thanks Mr.samarth jain

Hi Samarth,

I am following your advice of neem oil + cow uring spray to control pests on my banana plants. but off late I see some black dots on the older leaves. do you think this may be due to the neem oil sprinkled on the leaves causing some sort of sun burns on the leaves. I read this on a thread farmnest.com/forum/product-revie … /#msg14150

Did you also face similar situation. My guess is I used excess neem oil I used 100ml for 60-70 lits of water. Attaching a pic for your view.

Regards,
agri_lover.

Hi Samarth and Agri Experts,

Confirmed the black dots was due to the high concentration of neem oil. as new leaves doesnt seem to have them.

I have a problem however My Banana leaves are never too green. its very light green in color plus I dont see uniform growth across the plants. As I am following the natural farming way it there any remedy (organic/natural) for the deficiency.

Regards,
agri_lover

HI,
Again i would like to say that never too green is kinda hard to understand… Most of the times the deficiencies can be clear by having a look at the leaves. if u can again upload some pics it will be easy for us to see that if we can suggest anything:)

You Spray “Monochrotophos 36% SC”
Doses: 2 ML/ Liter of water