Inputs regarding starting a teak and mahogany plantation

Hi all, I am planning to start a timber based plantation in kerala focusing on teak and mahogany. i would be grateful if anyone can advice on the economic viability and legal issues of cutting the trees considering that it spans over almost 30 years.

If you live in the farm then think of teak, otherwise there is a bright chances of getting stolen when they are ready to cut.

Hi
Teak you can sell after 15 years also, new plants will germinate after cutting three/four times from the same plant.but full growth is possible after 30 years.African mahogany matures after 15 years, girth will be more then 35" its hard wood timber plant mostly used in wooden flooring & door frame.
rgds
Sanjay 9371136322

We do have mahogany seeds need contact +919442869798

Hai Mr.rony
Teak project is very good.
First select patta land.
Contact village office and register the number of plants of the project.
Before cutting u have to get the pass from village.

• simultaneously contact forest DEPT. Also.
    Then if u give proper management
    Can cut 10-12 yrs, because I have experience of teak plantion of 8000 acres in valsad dist. GUJARAT.
    Nutrient management irrigation are key factors.
    Wood quality go for high density planting
    Cut the some of the plants after 5 yrs
    Some in 7 yrs. Timber plants in 12 yrs.
    Thank you
    Biofarms

Thank you Bhayya,
Harvesting of Teak Plants is Minimum 20 Years even with Root Grafting Saplings. It is not apparent as how it is possible for Harvesting in 12 Years.Kindly check it up.

MANNE.SN,for vasudha Green Farms,
from Hyderabad,Telangana, 9133498366,
Mail ID:vasudhagreenfarms@gmail.com,

Hai
This is the light of my experience with Amrut plantations, valsad,GUJARAT . in teak heart wood formation is stress induced with proper nutrient management. If you give excess irrigation & imbalance in nutrition SAP wood formation increase .That is an unpublished report. I mentioned two terms that is the important factors. It was 800 acres project.
It is not a simple statement, that is called plant physiology based induced. Heartwood formation.
Thank you
Biofarms