I used plastic mulch for Tomato crop from May to September 2018. My observations are
(1) Created good condition inside the mulch (warm when its cold and cool when its hot outside)
(2) 80% weed controlled (some type of gross weed appeared through sheet)
(3) Lower side of the Tomato fruit touched sheet instead of soil, which greatly reduced damage of fruit.
(4) Soil became better porous compared to natural mulch
(5) Less water required, however watering must be done even during the rainy season, with reduced cycles.
Tomato cultivation done in 1.2 Acers ( 1 Acer with Plastic mulch and 0.2 Acer with natural mulch, mainly used janum and Jeeluga)
Thanx/ Thatha Rao