Indian neem trees grown in water scarce dry land earn huge money in japan

The neem tree grows well even in dry land condition. AN amazing fact is the japanese buy indian neem leaves and makes health drink that is most wanted in japan for its medicinal principle …An Andhra based agency is doing this . The reason for mooting this idea is some one near Hyderabad lamented about acute water shortage for effective crop cultivation …So in that case people together can work out a strategy to cultivate this neem trees in over large area and commercialize it in a big way to make huge money from scanty rainfall area …In fact they are selling a kg of neem leaves @ 120 to 150 rupees

Is it malabar neem ? I belong to that part of ap where there is scanty rainfall . Maybe once in five years a couple of cms . But inspite of non availability of water there is some sort of greenery due to regular neem trees which grow on their own inspite of severe water shortage. If what you said is right, then i hope people start growing neem trees instead of cutting down the existing wildly grown neem trees

See malabar is a geographical location that extends along western coast covering Maharastra , Karnataka , kerala …But neem is something different without reference to geographical location.I know part of Andhra, Telangana , Maharastra are severe drought prone belt receiving erratic and scanty rainfall leaving intensive commercial farming a difficult task …Still exist vast scope in drought area to make huge money through identification of right resources and marketing opportunity …you see onething that is need to be taken into consideration…Malabar area in one of the highest rainfall receiving zone in india with annual rainfall receipt of 150 to 250 CMS and plants growing under this climatic condition will not perform best in drought prone dry land area unless you provide enough water and pucca cultural and management practices…

What I mean here is native neem trees that has medicinal values most highly regarded in Japan as medicinal and health health drinks that has excellent liquid food curing many human disease and also bears antifertility principles in it …But malabar neem is meant for timber …Native neem tree is a drought tolerant plants that needs water during initial establishment period only .There after the tap root system grows deep under soil profile and sustain its life well…

Thank you Ramu Garu for your Posting and for your Observation.

No doubt NEEM Tree is having lot of Benefits having Medicinal Values as well as for protecting the Environment. Due to this reason several countries have tried for PATENT on this TREE. Our Government has taken a right decision in pretesting the decision of US Govt. No Doubt Indian Neem is having a very GOOD Medicinal Values where there is no such Qualities anywhere in the world. All these are OK . But it needs much time for giving Timber to mitigate the IMMEDIATE Needs of Timber crises in India as well as Globally too . I am making experiments on this Melia Dubia Tree since THREE Years. It grows well in rain-fed also it is drought prone TREE as far as my observation . Some plants were left in my Melia Dubia Nursery TWO Years back.We are all aware that we are experiencing severe drought conditions since 3-4 Years. Even on that condition also those Plants were grown well which can be seen in the Attachment.

No doubt as you said NEEM TREE Is a " KALPATRU". But it takes a Minimum period of 25 Years where as the Melia Dubia will provide the Timber in 1/3 Time while Providing a GOOD Biomass in helping the Environment.

No doubt we should Encourage NEEM Plantation in the wast Lands by giving more importance to this Melia Dubia in view of the above said reasons being it is considered as Fastest Growing Tree in the World.Also go through the Link where it was observed the Future crises of Timber.

planningcommission.nic.in/report … 300511.pdf

MANNE.SN,
for vasudha Green Farms,
Hyderabad Telangana,
vasudhagreenfarms@gmail.com,

Dearest Chairman of Vasudhafarms …

Thank you for your comments here…Of course I know melia dubia is a fast growing tree but not as fast as bamboo …It has timber value …but here I posted about native neem tree the leaves of which used as main constituent part of health drinks in Japan …An agency in Andhrapradesh is encouraging cultivation of neem tree , collect leaves and export it to Japan …The native neem tree is drought tolerant and grow well better than melia dubia …

For your information I have supplied melia dubia plants to some of my farmers in the year 2010 …The seedlings were brought from Indian forest genetics and breeding station , coimbatore .Now is 5 years old . It has been planted in over 15 acres under drip irrigation system …

Even media like tamil weekly and monthly periodicals and magazines made big propaganda about melia dubia that it brings one crore income per acre in 5 years period …Bit exaggerated figure …But I never refute about the melia dubia’s fast growing nature and its great timber value but it takes more years to get quality timber …certainly needs more year …

Further the picture of melia dubia posted here by your good self looks good …Also seen nearby is banana field that certainly need more water to the tune of 1200 mm …

Further in the nineties two big agriculture based company named MAXWORTH ORCHARD PLANTATION LIMITED AND STERLING TEAK MAGNUM CO claimed huge income from teak plantation that is projected to give bigger yield in short period like 5 to 10 years and collected share capital from the public …Everything appeared on paper but none of these two companies exist now …

Because I used to inspect and survey the performance and growth behaviour of various timber plants and compare the result with the claim made by Research institute as well as some private nursery producers in Tamilnadu and adjoining state …

Since the claim made by so many organizations and entities involved in commercial propagation of melia dubia are still under debate and deliberation and people are to wait to see the end result to see whether the claim made by these agencies are matching with the expectation of the tree growers , let us wait for the final result …

Because we need to test anything in terms of actual yield in prescribed time as claimed by the agencies … Because just the appearance of plant canopy or height of plant does not weigh our statement …

Stay blessed my dear friend

Thank you Ramu Garu for your elaborated information on Melia Dubia. !

Because you have Planted 5 Years Back, you might have results by this Time. As per the Information I got from TNAU,Forest Department, Mettupaliyam , this Tree will fetch a useful Timber for Plywood Industry after 6 Years. The University people are Encouraging the Plantation of these Trees. I am informing to my Friend Farmers that this Tree will fetch a minimum Income of Rs.20 Lakhs/Acre on Irrigated Condition and Rs.10 Lakhs/Acre on Rain-fed condition. No doubt I am in hope that this Plant will fetch such an Income.I am informing to our FORUM FRIENDS that I made several efforts to go round all over India, where ever this Melia Dubia Plantation is avilable out of my personal Interest, since I am being an Environment Lover. Finally I got fruitful and perfect Information at TNAU,Mettupaliyam, Coimbatore. As per my observation by making vigorous Trips all over India IO got information about its Greatness of Fastest Growth. I have also analysed Future need of this Timber in view of the Imposition of PERMANENT BAN ON DRAWING OF TIMBER FROM THE FORESTS by Govt. of India and also increasing of Day by Day Demand of Timber Particularly for the Furniture, Construction Industries etc.All are well aware that the Trees Grown on our Land Banks , Barren Lands were almost all disappeared.As you said sir no doubt Bamboo will grow Faster than this. But its application is a single while its application is multiple as much as 7-8 purposes such as Plywood, Particle Boards,Biomass,Compressed Particle Pellets for Boilers, Furniture Timber(After 10 Years), Matchsticks, Sports articles, Wooden Toys etc… etc… Moreover it will mitigate the Future needs of Timber. I am making experiments on this Plantation. Some of my Fellow Farmers(Small Farmers) have raised a question about their lack of Income till SIX years. As a pilot Project I have made the Banana Plantation and Grown Successfully and getting an income in between the Harvest of Melia Dubia. As far as my observation is concerned one go for Banana and Papaya. Also can be Grown Vegetables.After THREE Years can go for Ginger Crop which needs Shade. Earlier I have suggested to go for this Plantation only if the irrigation is avilable. Now I can say proudly that even on RAIN FED also it will grow well as per my Field Trials are concerned. I have left some Trees along the Fencing where there is no Irrigation and Grown well for all the TWO Years even on severe Drought Conditions which can be seen in the attachment.

It may not be out of place to mention that I have discouraged in going for Teak Plantation to my Fellow Farmers ,Friends and relatives etc., because it will grow only in Forest Conditions. Moreover it will Tend to more Pests. One cannot see a Teak leaf with out Holes made by Pests.Also it will tend to more stem Rot .No doubt almost all the Plantations made on Corporate sector were Failed . I am 100% Confident that this Melia Dubia Plantation will success as far my efforts made to know its characteristics by spending about THEE Years Vigorously and as far as my Analysis is concerned in regard to Timber crises going to be occurred Globally. I am providing my views with my little knowledge acquired on this Plantation out of Interest knowing about its Fastest Growth as well the Global circumstances in protecting the Environment . If any body feels it is an exaggeration, kindly excuse for the Present and there will be a day will repent.

MANNE.SN,
for vasudha Green Farms,
Hyderabad Telangana,

Dear Mr.Manne , Vashdha farms

Seems you are a versatile consultant for agriculture projects in Telangana state and erstwhile Andhrapradesh state …Also you are understood to have gained very sound knowledge on various Agriculture and farming projects . In my opinion it appears that you can successfully undertake to form a big corporate company purely based on agriculture and Animal farming activities …If you need capital better you can approach canadian oil company owners that are interested to fund agriculture based projects elsewhere on the globe …you can buy thousands of acres in Telangana and convert dry land into productive fertile land by installing irrigation pipe for many kilometers …And you can trade globally on these product …Vegetables , fruits and animal proteins are costly product in middle east and cold countries in western part of the world …If you precisely use and squeeze your brain you can get around 300 to 500 million USD …All you need to do is just visit once to canada and submit your project report to the right agency for the payment some retainer fee that I think you can afford to pay …

Thank you Ramu Garu for your Comment on my Career.

Now I am at the Age of 68 Years. In my career as Employee, as Contact employee in Rythu Bazaar at the initial Sage,As present Farm consultancy services etc. I never seen it on Commercial/Monitory terms. Where ever,whenever a New concept/Item is found I am going behind it fort its depth.On that aspect I have incurred/Spent so much money. Now I am very happy with the little knowledge which I have gained.gained. Still I am much interested in work work work for NEW thoughts and inventions.Wherever I found NEW thought I had been to that place to learn/know more and more. I am not aware of the Canadian Projects who are interested in investing Globally. First I should know whether I can satisfy for their concepts and needs.

If you help me in going to that extent I will come and meet you at your Convenient time. I don’t know in preparing the Presentations. I f you help me in that aspect, we will both together enter into a Mega project. You are the right person to judge whether I am eligible to coup up such a Big work. On your suggestion and Guidance we will go together and make it success. I am in hope that you will help me.

MANNE.SN,
for vasudha Green Farms,
Hyderabad,Telangana,

Dear my senior friend…

Really you deserve appreciation for your sincere interest in farming at this age …Your versatility and astute presentation of many innovative information about latest silviculture n integrated farming methods in fact made me believe that you are just around 38 years old dynamic technocrat.If I own big lands like you I would have ventured into whole time agriculture project in a commercial way and taken off colorfully in agri business in national n international market …But I am constrained in land resource. If I have land of atleast 100 acres , I could invite foreign investors here to invest on export oriented hi value commercial agriculture project , But I am not as much gifted in resources as you are.But I have been collecting informations from countries like greece , Italy, canada and USA and western European countries about their requirement of agri products that we can produce on our own or source from others here in India and do export . Regarding food items , western countries have different taste and preference and they rely mostly on wheat and oat and animal based food items …Greece and italy and other mediterranean countries prefer to have spicy food like us…Middle east countries are severely constrained in food items due to desert land . so they are borrowing technologies like vertical farming , hydroponics and aeroponics .Similar is the case in singapore also. Exporting bulky food produce to western countries is a costly job …

In the light of above background , I explored avenues and possibilities through available case studies that shows few persons have succeeded in exporting agriculture produce like Banana , pepper, Moringa and earning crores and crores of money . The contract farming method worked best in promoting export project like this one…

So I am working on a viable project that will produce extraordinary product that will cater to the essential needs of all ethnic people across the globe with broadest value like food, medicinal, therapeutic and most important aphrodisiac . If this sort of project shows good result as expected ,then sure I will invite your good self to join hands …

Because it is evident that most of the agriculture projects started colorfully were forced to wind up in about 5 to 10 years with heavy loss …This is due to competition , lack of access to process technology in agriculture based project , shift in taste and preference of the people etc.,

But the chairman of M/s.Vasudha green farms seems to be having huge money and vast land near hyderabad that is one of the biggest market for food based agriculture project in India…Just buy 1000 acres of cheapest land in your location . we will bring Pharma Food project …I will quit job and join you as your lieutenant …

or else I have located 250 acres of land with virgin soil at the foot hills of western ghat in Tamilandu ,one of the world’s most valued bio diversity hotspot where we can source many other hill based food produce demanded in national as well as international market . The ground water is more promising and available at 40 to 50 feet depth…If investment offer clicks I will let you know and you can join me here …

Regards
Ramu

Thank you Ramu Garu for your observation about me. But I am not a Big man as you think.I am a small Farmer holding only 2 Acres of Land Nr. Hyderabad. But I am a Farm enthusiast since child Hood. Though I am at the Age of 68 Years, I can work as to that of an Young Man of 20 Years. I am environment Lover. My wish is to work until my last breath as is if Dr. Abdul Kalam.

Here in Hyderabad we can have as much of land we need on lease without water source.But we cannot do any think without water. This my preamble.

MANNE.SN,
for vasudha Green Farms,
Hyderabad,Telangana,