Ideas to start a small business in city related to agriculture

Hi All,

I am a BSc (Agri) graduate from Bangalore. 12 years back I completed my graduation. I tried a lot to get into Agri companies but couldn’t and ended up working in the healthcare industry. I am presently working as a Project Management Consultant having expertise in building hospitals.

I have always dreamt of doing something related to Agri field. I don’t have any agricultural land and reside in Bangalore. Kindly advise on any feasible ideas which I can take up in the city and fulfill my dream of starting a small venture related to agriculture.

Thank you!

you can provide consultancy/training for rooftop gardeners. you can sell them seeds/manure/vermicompost etc. you can advertise your consultancy starting with yellow pages later you can have your own web page.

Resp Arathi Vaishnav madam,

It is a dream to have a graduation in Agri/Horti , for so many of us ,including me. By gods grace, you have it, and i suggest you not to allow it to become useless.

As on date , lot of need for consultants in Floriculture, Olericulture and Pomology farming. It may not be out of place to suggest you to become a consultant in above fields. For that you should practice for a period of 1 or 2 years in company, senior consultant , in related said field. Initially, you may be paid less, but future earnings will be very good.

Even if you want do agri/horti, on your own, you can purchase lands at 1 hr journey from Bengaluru ( mostly available @ Rs 7 to 8 lakhs per acre ) or you can have it on lease ( will be available @ Rs 15,000/ to Rs 20,000/ per acre per year , which are with water facility ). Pl search from reliable source.

As a farmer, i can assure you that you can taste the happiness/Profits in agri/horti in Floriculture, Olericulture and pomology etc.The added advantage to you is " you are a graduate in Agriculture".

Wish you a bright future, g.p.rao, farmer

And if you have spare time, you can write some articles for farmnest.com and earn a small amount. :slight_smile: