Hydroponics fodder cultivation

Hello Showvik
Can you share what cost is the seed for wheat? And are you facing any mold or fungal growth issues?
How are you maintaining the temperature and humidity?
We are also developing homegrown system to grow hydroponic fodder with maize, but ran into issues of mold and it got spoilt.
My email is niks.narayana@gmail.com, it would be nice to hear from you and take tips.

Thanks
Nikhil

Hi,

please read my post before, all info is given there, and after that if any more doubts are there please ask me.

You are right, I should have read earlier posts.

Thanks for pointing out.

Nikhil

Dear shownik,

Realy it’s good and appreciable of your efforts , sharing your experiences on forum to help all other interested animal farming community.

Infact, we tried to communicate on your mobile and it was not reachable for quite some time.

let us know the address of your farm, if you are open to share the same. we are very much keen to see personally and understand your achievements,please.

hope you will revert back at earliest.

thanks and regards,

kasturiraju.

could you please share the research papers of KVK baramathi links

There appears to be many youtube vidoes of this technique which is apparently quite successful. So much so that companies have patented machines to do this …

youtube.com/watch?v=0BkHjXvy_F0
youtube.com/watch?v=Jc66T302i2M
youtube.com/watch?v=r3g1Y2inO3M

hi
i am starting fodder production in a green house, is there any mineral or water based mineral required for ensuring good production i want 10 time growth please let me know.
i want seed of maize and barley or wheat also any supplies call me 9985769411

It is important to understand difference between greenhouse and hydroponic machine.

You will have to look for hydroponic machine not green house.

Hi Showvik,

Congrats on your approach. It will be helpful if you could share any pictures of your setup.
gsumaro

Guys, Hydroponic Fodder Machine is indeed a good alternative and economically feasible option esp. for developing countries like India. In my farm, I am feeding Hydroponic fodder since last 6 months and have seen consistent increase in the milk (in HF cows …around 5 litres), while I reduced the concetrate feed by around 4 KG (earlier giving around 7.5 KG). I get Maize around 14 Rs/KG and stock them for 2-3 months. Started with 250 KG machine and now increasing it to 1000 KG machine.

My understanding is that due to the poor food quality options available in India (esp the market bought green fodder and concetrate feed, which are highly contaminated), when we switch to this quality sprout fodder, we see positive effect on both health and milk.

Hi…,

you are true. one has to practice more and more.Based on continuous usage only, any technology or system can be improved. Finally, it canbe adopted by each and every one.

Absolutely, no wrong in finding alternatives, initially all innovations will be expensive.

keep writing, all the best,

kasturiraju.

Once the seeds r germinated then how u manage to water them for a week.