How to remove big rock stones spread around farm land

Dear All,
I have 38 gunta land but it’s completely covered with rock stone all are big rocks inside land as well. Is there any help provided by govt on removing Rock stones so that I can start cultivation. Any suggestion or lead would definitely helps. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shiva C

I had a very similar issue. I had an open well measuring 60x60 feet with a depth of over 50 feet. Hired a JCB & 2 tractor & removed them all. The stone were very very big…it was a win win for me. Filling this with mud was practically very expensive.

Government has happily allotted the land to you, nothing more & nothing less. You could explore if someone has a requirement for landfill & work out the economics.

1 Like

Hello

Where is the location? Of the 38 guntas, is all the land barren? When you say cultivation, are you looking for timber saplings?
The reason for my questions is, to understand your objective.
Rocks on the land will not be a hinderance if you are interested in developing it for timber.
Do reply, thanks.

1 Like

Hi Shiva,
I recently did this for my land. I did same as m3_07 mentioned. I hired JCBs and tractors. In addition, I had to use explosives to blast big stones / rocks. Majority of the stones that I can see in the photos can be removed using JCB except the ones like top right hand corner of second photo. I guess that requires multiple drillings to lay the explosives and blast. Explosives and blasting require permission from local Govt authorities. Be aware that it could be expensive if you continue find rocks that go deep in to the land. I would recommend getting an estimate before starting the work, even if you have sorted out your finances.

3 Likes

We did it for an area with fewer rocks, burying the removed rocks in a few pits dug for the purpose, in addition to filling in an old well.

I can see rocks needing a few lakhs to uproot here. Never heard of a government scheme to support this.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response.
I am yet to plan on kind of cultivation as of now I am planning for some kind of forest tree which doesn’t require more water or caring as we don’t have water resource.

Kindly let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
Shiva

1 Like

Those big rocks which you mentioned in sections pic is not part of our land but they are adjacent to our land. As you mentioned I will try to remove with hello of JCB but just wanted to know if we can utilize this rocks for any other purpose like fencing or house construction.

My land is on a hill area. One end of the land slopes down by about 15 to 20 ft comparing with the other end. I developed the land in to three steps with each step going down by about 5 to 6 ft. I used some rocks to build the steps to arrest soil erosion, some more for fencing and the remaining I dug the pit and buried to elevate the land. You can use for house construction, but need to cut them in to shape. You can also sell them to stone crushers if there is a demand in your area.

2 Likes

I understand from the localites that rocks in our land area is not usable for fencing, construction not sure if we need to take second opinion. Any leads will definitely help. Thanks