How to Register a Small Dairy Farm?

Hi,
I Have a small dairy farm consisting of 20 lactating cow… milk production around 300 Liters a day… How can i register it ? what is the process can any one help?

Its based on Jashpur Nagar, Chhattisgarh…

samarth sir, mai aapse milna chahta hu …plz mujhe apne farming technique ke bare me batiye… :slight_smile:

Feel free to contact samarthposted@gmail.com

Why do you want to register?

I have a 20 cow dairy farm in Kerala (near Kasaragod). I have not done any registration. Dairy farming falls under agriculture, it is not a commercial setup.

To avail govt subsidies, I go thru Milma (to where I sell the milk) and Dairy development board.

In case you still want to register, I suggest you to go to Dairy development board.

in case diary with above 5 animals need to get register with Panjayat. no other registration/license is not mandatory

Hi ,

I have taken a Milk dairy, which is registered on another name, but I wanted to register it on my name , could please help on this, which forms need to submit to whom…?

@Ganapathib

Hi Ganapathi,

Would you mind giving your contact details (mail id), as am an aspiring diary farmer and live in Kasaragod district. It would of great help for me to get an advice from you.

Thanks.

My hearty wishes for your dairy farming startup! Your local or regional government may require permits and paperwork to run a farm, sell milk, irrigate your land, and/or hire staff to help you. Let me help you with the registration process. If you are inside Indian territory kindly visit https://www.india.gov.in/application-registration-dairy-plant-under-department-animal-husbandry-dairying-fisheries to register yourself. If you are out of this region also no problem, as every government website will have a registration form. Application form for registration of Dairy Plant under Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries (DAHD), Ministry of Agriculture. You can avail this resource!

Dairying has become an important secondary source of income for millions of rural families and has assumed the most important role in providing employment and income generating opportunities particularly for marginal and women farmers. Most of the milk is produced by animals reared by small, marginal farmers and landless labours. Of the total milk production in India, about 48 % milk is either consumed at the producer level or sold to non-producers in the rural area. The balance 52 % of the milk is marketable surplus available for sale to consumers in urban areas. Out of marketable surplus it is estimated that about 40 % of the milk sold is handled by the organized sector ( i.e. 20% each by C-operative & Private Dairies) and the remaining 60 % by the unorganized sector.

Government of India is making efforts for strengthening infrastructure for production of quality milk, procurement, processing and marketing of milk and milk products through following Dairy Development Schemes:

· National Programme for Dairy Development(NPDD)

· National Dairy Plan (Phase-I)

· Dairy Entrepreneurship Development Scheme(DEDS)

· Support to Dairy Cooperatives

· Dairy Processing and Infrastructure Development Fund (DIDF)

For more information click here: http://www.dahd.nic.in