How to get rid of and restrict growth of grass and weeds in the plantations?

mucuna bracteata is not available everywhere. It was introduced to farmers by Rubber board. Soon they realised it is a legume but also highly dominating creeper.
Cows dont eat it. If it is grown in Arecanut, it has to be cut once a week if not it will climb up and suffocate the flowers.(Dritarashtra Hug)

Seeing all this rubber board banned it.

If you can afford to trim it once a week you can use this.

Hello All;

Thanks for your reply.

The plan of action is this.

1. The part which can be ploughed will be sown directly with Cowpea & Horsegram mix post ploughing.
  2. For the part which cant be ploughed, will use seed balls.

I intent to do this in May but…

What I certainly want to know now is…

In the area which I can plough now using tractor, can I sow Cowpea in Next week or January first week? Do you think that could be a good time?

It gets cold at nights and in the morning there is a lot of dew formation. Do you think this will help?

Thanks.

hi,

It is an artificial mulch. It is a kind of cotton cloth with around 60gsm or 40 gsm thickness.

Thanks,

I am thinking it would degrade.

I read somewhere that it may pull up nitrogen from the soil while it degrades(I had read this on the forum about jute cloth). Will this be the case here too?

NO exact idea but had seen a farmer using this in Promogranate farm and heard from him that it worked well for him.