How to conserve farmland on the River bank

My farm is located next to a river , and some part of my land is currently in river as soil getting washed away when water is released from the dam.

How to restrict the soil erosion going forward and what can be cultivated in the land where water is stagnant already.

I thought we can put a bund like as shown in the pictures , i took these pictures from a watershed development project website.

Please throw your ideas and suggestions on how to conserve the land legally and economically.

Grass and fodder are the one which is really going to help you at low cost, apart from this as you mentioned, bunds

Ever heard of something called veri veri grass? i dont know if i am getting the name correct, but it is a type of grass which is propobated for this kind of work, it also acts like a natural compound.

You meant vetiver.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysopogon_zizanioides

PLEASE LET US KNOW THE EXTENT OF EROSION, THAT MEANS IN TERMS OF AREA IN WIDTH OR LENGTH. e-mail to : dharitrinature@yahoo.com

Thanks for the reply, there is no erosion as such.

But I wanted to be prepared for possible erosion in near term to long term.

FINE,
We have the natural and low cost technology that will prevent erosion. Hence let us have some details about the site.

Natureworx, what you have in those pictures is called Gabion wall, an effective and widely practiced way to stem soil erosion. Another artificial method is Geo-tube but this may not work if the slope is too steep.

Among natural methods, as someone mentioned, Vetiver appears to be highly recommended. Came across an innovative method of planting Vetiver in sacks if the slope is too steep.

As to what to plant in waterlogged soil, consider lotus plant that does well in such condition and fetches a good price for flower, stem and seeds. See the sources linked below

Punjab farmers using floodwaters for lotus cultivation
Cultivating lotus on raised beds in flood prone areas, Vietnam

Thanks a lot for the inputs newbie447,

Lotus on raised bed is an ideal one for one part of my land.Thanks for the idea.

I will explore further on the vetivar grass plantation.

Thanks,