How do you market your Live sheep in around Bangalore

Hello friends,

We are in the process of starting 500 capacity sheep/goat farm, which is in Anantapur 180 kms from Bangalore.
To provide proper and healthy shelter for sheep, Currently building elevated platform with 5 feet height and the platform will be hygienic and have good standard. Can build nice shelter and provide healthy fodder to sheep but no proper marketing then the project will be chaos.

I am requesting all experienced in rearing sheep or goats, please share your experience in marketing the sheep in around Bangalore.
Also share your thoughts/ideas how can we sell directly to the people.

Thanks in advance,
Bhanu

2 Likes

Hi,

Best time to sell your Sheep/Goats will be EID ,and if you are looking at 500 sheep kind of operation you do not have to worry as even one butcher will buy 500 sheep in a year. in fact you will not be able to supply one butcher also if he sells 2 Sheep a day.

I will suggest you to increase your stall size month on month so you will also be able to supply all through the year.
You have Vehicles coming from ananthapur to Bangalore market every week, so you will not have problem in transporting them from there to Bangalore.

If you want some butchers contact in Bangalore i can help you out with that. An average Mutton Stall in Bangalore sells around 10 Sheep a week . They will more than happy to find some regular supplier ,

Since you will have weight loss in transporting live sheep ,I will advice you to take a small Shed here in Bangalore where you can provide 2-3 days or recovery time for the sheep so they regain the weight loss and then supply to the Butcher,This will decrease your Weight Loss. Every KG weight loss is around Rs.300 .

Good luck

goutham

2 Likes

Many thanks Goutham,

Our initial setup of the shed and farm is designed for 500 sheep at a time, So yearly i believe the capacity will be something like 1500+ . Already heavily invested very near to Anantapur town including the hydroponic fodder and Elevated platform for 500 sheep.

Many thanks for offering the help for butchers contact, i will send you PM.

One more thing do you believe the sheep will lose weight during transport, the distance is between Anantapur to Bangalore is only 200 kms?

Yes 1 KG weight loss is normal, This not only due to travel but also because of change location and stress .

Thanks Goutham,

We supply directly to butchers in Bangalore then what cost we can expect for Live weight ?
Someone have any experience in this field please come back to me, your advice will be much appreciate.

Thanks in advance,
Bhanu

Hai Banu,

NIce to see your efforts. Is elevated platform already constructed or yet to construct. And if you provide the cost analysis of your sheep project, it will be a great help to the forum members.

Thanks

Venki

Hi Venkat,

Still we are in the process of constructing elevated platform, expected complete date will be end of march, Will post details once completed.

Thanks,
Bhanu

Very encouraging effort Bhanu, best wishes for your success.
Based on our earlier email exchanges, you are probably aware that while demand is plenty, price will be the key factor when trying to sell in blore. Have you reached out and made a list of butchers in Blores who will buy goats (live) at a favorable rate - Rs 350+ /kg? This might be a critical part of your marketing plan.

Blore and other large south Indian cities receive daily truck loads from Maharastra, AP, Gujrat, UP, Rajasthan, etc. Prevailing rates in those states is very low and will be in direct competition with your (and other similar stall fed) goat operations. Keep us posted of your experiences in Blore, good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear Friends ,

I am satish from Bangalore, working as an Software engineer. My uncle is an sheep farmer and he is planning to sell his sheep for an good rate ( as need to fill many credits ). i request you to suggest me, which is the best place we can sell out. This will be a great help from your end.

Many thnaks in Advance,

Best regards,
satish.

[quote]Dear Friends ,

I am satish from Bangalore, working as an Software engineer. My uncle is an sheep farmer and he is planning to sell his sheep for an good rate ( as need to fill many credits ). i request you to suggest me, which is the best place we can sell out. This will be a great help from your end.

Many thnaks in Advance,

Best regards,
satish.
[/quote]

How many of them and what is the average weight and which bread are they?

goutham
[/quote]

More than 50 sheep’s are there and the avaerage wait will be 12 to 14 kg, i am not very sure about breed ( basically sheeps are from AP).

Regards,
satish

Goutham can you please provide your number… mine is 9900124455.

Hi MR Goutham

We have stall fed Goat farm near Bangalore (Kunigal), we are in the process of rearing and fattening

At the moment we have Beetal / Sriohi breeds

We are looking for regular buyers, can you help on this?

our contact no 9845295440 / 9845242269

thanks

sasi

1 Like

Resp SSSI,
The beetle goats are a very good milk and meat goats. At yamuna goat farms, hirehalli, Mysore each beetle goat is giving milk @ 4ltrs per day.

Sirohi goats are very good meat breed. Also both varieties are fast growing animals. We will come and purchase some goat kids.

Best wishes for maintaining and selling good breeds.

With best wishes, g.p.Rao, farmer

1 Like

Hi, Will you please provide me your contact number?

Hello friends,
We have a sheep farm in Nelmangla where in its capacity is 200. .we have 50 sheep right now… I m looking forward for buyers to sell them…so if any of u have got link regarding the buyers can u just let me know… Thanku

nice suggestion but plz give some contacts to take one step in this field , because i’m also fresher in this

May I know whthr u want contact for buying or selling ur sheep?

Dear All,
i am looking young 4 month old 100 Sheep for fattening program. i have land and fodder. please let me know if any can supply 100 to 150 4 month old sheep in march or April 2017.

Best Regards,
Azhar2345