High Density Mango Cultivation

Hi All,

If anyone has experience in High Density Mango Plantations, please share. I have on the Internet regarding Reliance Industries working it out on their Jamnagar plant area but not any firsthand experience.

Thank you,
Vamshi

Vamsi,

10 open wells are equivalent to one Pond.
10 Ponds are equivalent to one Lake.
10 Lakes are equivalent to one Reservoir.
10 Reservoirs are equivalent to one SON.
10 Sons are equivalent to one TREE.

Still you need to come close to know the value of TREE.
More are better than One, in order to get maximum returns from each and every part of your land including boundaries, there is no other go for you than adopting horticulture & timber crops for high returns as you are holiday farmer and you may not be able to have concentration on all the time. Please recollect my suggestion on your first post in the forum in the last week.

Why not you can go ahead with high density not only with Mango. But all to gather for diversification of crops and also for good returns.

All the best.

Vamshi, here’s a video on (in English) made by TNAU experts. Most other videos on youtube on this topic are in Tamil.

Swamy, that’s a nice quote. Do you know the source or the original Sanskrit text?

youtube.com/watch?v=uYIclJPs4ME

Hi
Please refer attachments enclosed herewith.

I have personally visited and studied Jain Irrigation’s successfully planted Ultra High Density Mangoes in 50 acres near Udmalpettai in Coimbatore.

I am also interested in raising UHD Mangoes on my 45 Acre land.

We can share information on Skype ‘orgagro’, Trade Manager ‘orgagro’, Yahoo messenger ‘apjoglekar’ or phone 07232245567 / 07232288724 / 919423089706.

with best regards
Anant Joglekar
Yavatmal Maharashtra
Mango UHDMP.pdf (120 KB)
Mango Plantation Jain’s UHDP.pdf (147 KB)

High density planting has become the norm of the day in parts of Karnataka particularly in Bangalore, Ramanagara, Tumkur,Kolar Chitradurga districts. You make a tour some of these places to get first hand information.
For details of farmers following high density planting you may contact Dr. Hittalmani, Additional Director (Fruits) State Department of Horticulture ,Lalbagh, Bangalore 560004

Brijesh has complied some good info: farmnest.com/forum/fruits-vegeta … e-for-use/

Mr. Vamshi,

In recent season in Maharashtra, unsold and late-ripened mango was sold on wholesale basis to pulp and jooce makers for Rs 20 kg. Some farmers got 30 rs/kg. This price was paid at village market. Farmer has to bring his output to the village market.

Please use this information for calculating your return profits.

Thank you.

Ray

[quote=Ray]
Mr. Vamshi,

In recent season in Maharashtra, unsold and late-ripened mango was sold on wholesale basis to pulp and jooce makers for Rs 20 kg. Some farmers got 30 rs/kg. This price was paid at village market. Farmer has to bring his output to the village market.

Please use this information for calculating your return profits.

Thank you.

Ray
[/quote]it happens once a while in seasonal crops. that doesnt mean your would never get reasonable profit.

Vamshi,
You can gather more info based on my experience at saverafarms@gmail.com if you have any queries

Thank you all, I am through with this phase now…:slight_smile:

[quote=vamshi1981]
Thank you all, I am through with this phase now…:slight_smile:
[/quote]i have ultra high density mango plantation in my field in Pen,Raigad ,Maharashtra

Thats great.
Kindly post information. What spacing you have planted, how old are the plants, what is the avg yield/plant, what manure do you use, what pesticide do you use, What veriety of mangoes have you planted, do you have intercrop, do mulch if yes is it plastic mulch or straw

All above info will help the forum members.

[quote=sri2012]
Thats great.
Kindly post information. What spacing you have planted, how old are the plants, what is the avg yield/plant, what manure do you use, what pesticide do you use, What veriety of mangoes have you planted, do you have intercrop, do mulch if yes is it plastic mulch or straw[/quote]
Space between two plants is 2 metre and 3 metre between two rows.
1 year old plants , plastic mulching,I use FYM and panchgavya.
The plants are DEVGAD HAPUS mango.100% organic .quite labour intensive and good investment
Girish Khambete
herbal and horticulture consultant

Hi? Can early birds who achived success in High density Mango plantation can revert with the results?