Help needed on Coconut variety -ALR (CN)-1

Dear all

We are looking for coconut variety for our farm, which gives good yield as well it manages drought like condition, i have read about ALR (CN) 1 variety gives decent yield and drought tolerance, Can you please suggest your experience and other options. we are planning to plant this is 1 acres of land, appreciate your suggestions and feedback

Kind Regards
Sakthivel

Dear Sri Sakthivel,

Must appreciate your intrest on coconut farming. The said variety ALR CN is a good variety like East coast tall and west coast tall. But one thing is sure that any coconut tree performs well with good rain fall, more than 1000mm per year. If not ,sufficient ground water to be supplied, periodically, for good performance of the coconut tree ,of any variety.

Even with less rainfall and less ground water supply also ,a coconut tree may perform, but not upto satisfaction. this is to be in case of ALR CN variety coconut too.

Mosly coconut tree likes humid weather with sufficient periodical water supply.

There are so many other crops which are draught resistant, do good performance at low water requirement.

this is my dpinion.with best wishes, g.p.rao, farmer

[quote=g.p.rao]
Dear Sri Sakthivel,

Must appreciate your intrest on coconut farming. The said variety ALR CN is a good variety like East coast tall and west coast tall. But one thing is sure that any coconut tree performs well with good rain fall, more than 1000mm per year. If not ,sufficient ground water to be supplied, periodically, for good performance of the coconut tree ,of any variety.

Even with less rainfall and less ground water supply also ,a coconut tree may perform, but not upto satisfaction. this is to be in case of ALR CN variety coconut too.

Mosly coconut tree likes humid weather with sufficient periodical water supply.

There are so many other crops which are draught resistant, do good performance at low water requirement.

this is my dpinion.with best wishes, g.p.rao, farmer

Thank you G.P Rao sir,

We do cultivate crops like cotton, corn,chillies, sunflower etc, in addition we are planning to have coconut in 1 or 2 acres we feel there is sufficient water for 2 acres of coconut.

Kind Regards
Sakthivel

Dear Sri Sakthivel,

I hope that you are a full time farmer ,as you are farming cotton, chillies, sunflower, corn etc.

I advise you to go for DeeJay nursery coconut varieties ( 3 ), ofcourse they are little expensive ,but very high yielding varities and very much remunirative. If investment is not a problem, better go in for those varieties, Sampoorna, pushkala and Viswas. Pl contact them and you can visit some of their farmers fields also. Pl contact them on Ph No. 04543293785, and 9442583785, Nagatheertham, Madurai,Tamilnadu.

Visit their farm, farmers farms, see the yielding plants ,get your feel and then only go for that variety, which you like. My observation is the yield of nuts, copra and oil per hectar is 3 times more than any tall varieties. Only advantage in tall varieties is life of the plant is around 100 years, and where as for hybrids, life is ony 20 to 30 years.

good wishes, g.p.rao, farmer

Good day G.P.Rao Garu,
Can you please explain me, which variety is good out of 3 DEEJAY FARMS Varieties.
I am searching for coconut variety for planting in 10 Acres,in West Godavari District, Andhrapradesh.
Unfortunately,the Godavari Ganga variety is not available from the coconut board.Only east coast tall is available.
i am confused,which one to go.
This land is loamy red soil land.At present doing paddy and sugar cane and depending on leaser and i want to grow coconut and finally go for cocoa inter crop planting.
Now,i am not able to decide,weather to go for hybrid varsity or east coast tall?
Can you please advise me sir.
Thanking you in advance.
Srinivas