I am planning to sow Sunflower in an area of 1 acre at my farm in Jaipur, Rajasthan. I have spoken to various agronomists in Rajasthan but they seem to have no idea about this crop.
Kindly guide on the following aspects:
- Is it okay to sow Sunflower Seeds in Mid-October?
- Is it a very difficult crop to manage?
- How is the seed sowing done for Sunflower?
- Does sunflower attract a lot of pests/insects or Can it be sown near a residential building?
- What is the optimum variety for Jaipur,Rajasthan (Black Clay Soil, PH-7.5, EC-1.2)?
Awaiting your kind feedback.