Growing French Beans in Polyhouse - advice requested

Dear Fellow Farmers - Need some expert advice. I want to grow French Beans in polyhouses. We have grown Tomatoes, Capsicum, Leafy Veggies, and Cucumber but this is the first time we are trying to grow french beans.
Could anyone please guide me on the seeds to use, how to procure seeds, and any guidelines to follow?

Dear Sri Satyajit sir,
The best High yielding, good marketable varieties of French Beans are If you want to grow French Beans in polyhouse, and/or in open, Arka Sukomal of IIHR (100 + quintals per acre in 100 to 120 days) and Arka Sharath of IIHR (80+ quintals per acre in 100 t0 120 days). The market price generally Rs 2,000/- per quintal to Rs 6,000/- per quintal. Demand for French beans is very good in the market (hot cake like). Though the earnings will be less, but you can produce very good quality French Beans.

If any crop to be grown in Polyhouse, should fetch good prices in market and those crops which cannot be easily grown in open, like Color Capsicum (colored bell peppers), Tomatoes, (Indeterminate varieties), Exotic leafy vegetables in Hydroponics and/or Aquaponics, etc. The above said crops must require the polyhouses to be grown, for good color, good quality produce.
If you want to grow French Beans, must do Seed treatment with Rhizobium and Trichoderma Viride, as per the recommendations of TNAU and IIHR.

All the best to you,
This is for your information only sir.
g.p.rao, farmer

2 Likes

Dear Rao Garu - Thank you so much for providing the valuable information. This is definitely precious information. I will get in touch with you if I have any further questions. I hope this is fine.

Thank you once again :pray:

1 Like

Dear Satyajit Sir,
all the best to you in your farming.
you are welcome any time, and we are at your service, when you are in need , related to Organic farming, sir.
g.p.rao, farmer