Green house farming - how to start

hello,

I am from ujjain (m p) and want to start green house farming on small land initially but i am not having background of agriculture. how can i move froward in this . which crops can i grow , what will be costing and feasibility.

my mail id is kunalchaubey3@gmail.com
contact no 8085325259

HI,

MY NAME IS KUNAL AND I AM FROM INDORE (MP) , I AM HAVING 22000 SQ FEET OF LAND ON WHICH I AM PLANNING TO START GREEN HOUSE FARMING/ VEGETABLE FARMING. I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT AGRICULTURE  BUT WANTED TO START  , CAN ANYBODY SUGGESTS ME HOW CAN I MOVE FURTHER ALSO I WANT TO START WITH A SMALL BUDGET,

ANY PROJECT THAT CAN BE DONE .

Hello Kunal,
ujjain or indore ?
if indore, u get +5 points :smiley: i have spent a lot of my childhood in indore.

i visit indore frequently, and i have never seen a single polyhouse/shade net house which i could spot from NH3, on the whole 400 kms stretch from my place to indore. are you aware of any in the region ?

Kunal, plz dont mind, but why is it that you are planning to get into green house farming when you dont have background on agriculture?

Vivek

Please read below threads and still you have questions feel free to post
farmnest.com/forum/new-trends-in … /#msg11105
farmnest.com/forum/new-trends-in … 9/#msg6119
farmnest.com/forum/agricultural- … /#msg12210
farmnest.com/forum/farming-news- … i-feb-6-9/

thanks

due to some reasons i want to be in indore , thats why i want to start a project right now i am in job .
please suggest me how to move forward in this

i want to farm tomato in green house ,what will be its benifits can i grow all seasons , right now i am farming vegetables as conventional farming but not getting results as needed. what are the other vegetables i can grow in green house which yields all seasons.

please give me suggestions

Hi Vikas

If you dont have any problem can i get your mail id or contact no so that i can solve my queries

Thanks

Folks I have merged three threads on “green house” together. Please see all discussion in the link posted above.
If you still have questions feel free to post.

Kunal it is ok to discuss your farming related issues here so the answers you get, may guide other also.

i am having budget of 3.5 lac for starting green house , will it be enough to start initially although i can invest more but just i say dont have agriculture background . it will help me to understand and after getting it done properly will move forward

Green house for 10gunta is about 9-10lacs. You can get 50% subsidy. If you start floriculture harvesting will start from 70 days. You need working capital for land preparation,fertilisers,pesticide,planting material,labour,power supply.

If you go for a bank loan probably you can start.

Check this video also
youtube.com/watch?v=7UxTpf-6G20

To add to the merging, I think kunalchaubey = jgjsgreen = rajeshc
I have asked him to just keep one id.

P.S. extra accounts deleted

Thanks sri

does central government gives subsidy for green house and some consultancy which will help to start up

Hi

If you need theoretical knowledge and want to see poly houses then go to horticulture training center at Talegaon / Maharashtra. You will get a first hand knowledge of poly house farming. The economics of farming given by them is not very realistic because the local conditions in your area will be different.

all said and done it’s a good start. I have done the one week course at HTC and it’s worth it. For subsidy purposes it is recommended to do this course.

Gaurav Mehta