A) Greenhouse Concept:-
Growing plants is both an art and a science. Conventionally, 95% of plants, either food crops or cash crops are grown in open field. In some of the temperate regions where the climatic conditions are extremely adverse & no crops can be grown, man has developed methods of growing crop continuously by providing protection form excessive cold, heat, rain which is called as Greenhouse Technology.
It is rather used to protect the plants from the adverse climatic conditions such as wind, cold, precipitation, excessive radiation, extreme temperature, birds, insects and diseases. It is also of vital importance to create an ideal micro climate around the plants.
This is possible by erecting a green house where the environmental conditions are so modified that one can grow any plant in any place at any time by providing suitable environmental conditions with minimum labour.
Different types of green houses are designed to meet the specific needs. The different types of greenhouses based on shape, utility, material and construction. Greenhouses are framed or inflated structures covered with transparent or translucent material large enough to grow crops under partial or fully controlled environmental conditions to get maximum productivity.
• Higher yield depending upon the type greenhouse & climate control facilities.
• Increased consistence under greenhouse cultivation
• Friendly partner for vegetables & flower crops
• Disease free
• Less maintenance
• Water requirement of crops very limited and easy to control
• Flawless production
• Most useful in monitoring & controlling the environment changes
• Modern techniques of hydroponic (soil less culture)