Giving Lease of agriculture land - Karnataka Q & A - Discussion

I would like to know the factors before giving agriculture land for lease.
What is the current lease amount per acre (plain land with fencing done , no borewell)
or what will be the lease amount per acre (plain land with fencing and borewell)
How agreement has to be done ?
Is it better to give lease to same village people or outsiders ?

Your inputs are highly appreciated.

BR
Rajiv

Dear Rajiv
difficult to answer on the forum
it depends on various factors - like extent of land, what other options available, water, what the other party wants to grow, what will be your liability, what they are expected to pay you, are u in the same village / are you remote controlling, what kind of support systems you hv in case of a issue, what is the exit route available for you ( premature closure )

Factually, leasing is a good option if you are in the same place/ village, you know what the person is doing on you land… leasing to some one comes with some money and lot of risks - you may get back a land that may be useless after the lease is over, you may loose the land for bad elements, you can get strangulated to sell it off… I AM NOT FREIGHTENING YOU., but these are possible. Lease rents are small for the risk

Call me 9449059171

1 Like

Rent will decide on how much income will generate from farm.

1. If say 1 lack profit per year from 1 Acer then with water supply facility 20 thousand.
  2. if land plot is very big more than 20 Acer then it may come down to 10 thousand ( big size difficult to manage).
  3. you can ask for share 40 - 60. You will get 40% of crop(no rent & no investment)
  4. with equal capital for crop you can get 50% of crop.

There are many ways to your farm on rent as both party agree and both party get profit.

1 Like

My few cents:

1. When no water, one may expect a single crop (only one crop)
  2. Not sure of soil quality
  3. Go with the prevailing lease rate per acre in that particular village
  4. Usually, outsiders may not come to cultivate vacant lands, people from same village or may be from neighborhood area may show interest
  5. Lease Agreement term will be for three years, better get this registered (does not cost much) at local sub-registrar office
  6. Call me @ 9989499749 any time for any kind of queries regarding agriculture/horticulture

Ramakrishna

1 Like

Hi iam interested call me 9182917277 Mr . venkatesh

It is depends on site, land soil, water quality and quantity, size of farm, different conditions of lease agreement, etc… Also it is depending the land owner an the person taking for the lease. None can suggest the particular matter.
Ratilal Sudani,
Director,
Bhoojalshree Geotech Consultant
Groundwater Exploration, Development and Management,
Anand, Gujarat

Can’t answer about Karnataka but the thumb rules may be same.

We leased our land for one groundnut crop season at 3,000 per acre paid in advance. The land was ready with one ploughing done and is fenced all around. The farmer taking the land on lease is arranging his own irrigation pipes and water from his adjoining land.

I am told the lease amount would be a little higher in rainy season. Terms are negotiated by crop, expected income, share in expenses and income, irrigation, responsibility for borewell repairs etc.

Normally around here, lease agreements are informal, basically writing down the terms for memory. People avoid longer term lease and legal agreements around here to avoid potential land ownership complications arising from long term possession. Most leases are within local farmers.

I am new to this as well. I have land about 25KM from Bangalore. It has no borewell. Neighboring farmers are interested in Ragi crop since it doesn’t need water. They are saying around 20K per Acre per annum. It seems low but better than leaving it and letting weeds grow.

1 Like

Seems a good deal on the face of it :thinking:

Respect sir
May i know location of the land?

Dear Rajiv Ji
where is your land located sir
Rao ganta, Farmer

20 k per acre per annum for leguminous crops - Go ahead and lease out.

Malur taluk, just 1KM from Hoskote taluk border.

11 kms before Kollegala , Chamrajnagar District
5kms from Bluff falls

Please call me or give your number
Rao ganta 7411119999

Dear Sirs,
If land is at around 25 kms from bengaluru, If the land is with a motorable Road abutting, if the owner of the above land is with bore water facility, (can take responsibility of providing water ever till the end of lease period. At Least lease must be for 5 years and above )) ( with power connection), I can pay upto Rs 1,00,000/- per acre per year. ( I am an Organic farmer, interested in growing Vegetables, Fruits organically, so the Future Life of your said land will be Fantastic).
Rao ganta

A post was split to a new topic: Rent flat agricultural land