Hi, quick introduction of myself. My name is Chandan and I am working in one of the MNC IT firm in Noida as a manager.My age is 34 years. I am planning to move my career into farming as I can see there are lots of scope also I can get in touch with PM Modi’s programs like Make in India , Adoption of Village etc. I am earning 90 K/month but now a days not satisfied with job also would like to do some innovative work and that’s the reason would like to move into this field. I am basically from Bihar ( Muzaffarpur - 70 KM from Patna ). I would like to start my farming from my village which is 15 KM from Muzaffarpur.
Initially, after the research I am planning to start the Ginger cultivation from 2016 as I can see that the best time of Ginger cultivation is in between 1st week of May till 20th June ( Akshaya Tritiya to Hanuman Jayanti). I have completed below analysis:
- SWOT Analysis
- Present,Future,How to achieve and Results.
- Brainstorming Q&A ( Personal, Agriculture and Marketing )
- Process Flow Diagram ( Phase I - Land Finalization and testing of soil , Phase II - Rhizome Selection and Plantation, Phase III - Rhizome Treatment , Phase IV - Mulching , Phase V - Compost and Fertilizers etc )
- High Level Project Plan
- High Level Cost Benefit analysis etc
Few important facts about my project :
- I don’t have land , planning to take the land on lease ( minimum 2 acre and maximum 3 acre ) for minimum 3 Years
- Will do cultivation of Ginger
- I don’t have any experience of farming ( to be very honest I never visited my village till now )
- I can take risk of 2.5 to 3.5 lack .
- I can say that I have gathered good theoretical knowledge of Ginger plantation through internet and various articles but zero practical knowledge
My queries are as follows:
- Can I start the the farming of Ginger in my village ( 15 KM away from Muzaffarpur, towards Patna ) ? As per my initial research the soil looks OK for ginger cultivation.
- If the Ph Value of Soil will be less than 6 or greater than 6.5 is it advisable to go for this project ?
- What next crop which I can use after ginger in year 2018 ? I would like to keep ginger underground for 14 - 15 months even though ginger matured in 7-8 months.
- Can I keep ginger underground for 14-15 months and what precautionary measures I am suppose to take? If there is possibility of heavy rain during the mansoon is this advisable ?
- Which is the best rhizome of Ginger for Muzaffarpur ? Can I go ahead with Nadia rhizome ? or what is the 2nd best option ? I am aware of rhizome category for Ginger ( like Suprabha, Survi, Mahima , Rio-de-J etc ) but which is best for my place ?
- From where I can buy Nadia or other good rhizome of Ginger which is near to my village ?
7.How I can approach to super markets like Big Bazar or Reliance Fresh or Vishal for the sell of my ginger? Any fixed process for that ?
Thank You So much in advance for all your assistance
Thanks and Regards